New regal GS owner maybe

ls1adam84

I just bought a nice regal GS with under 100k miles, it was $2200 and in pretty good shape a few little things, but now I need to see if the knocking noise is an exhaust leak or something else. I am friends with Heypal, the guy who had the turbo impala and so I am not too new to these engines.

I am already planning a new downpipe and intake with 3.5 or 3.4 pulley, I need to make sure and service the supercharger first and do a quick tune up on her. I will get pics up of her later and no I have not named her yet.

Youre gonna need more than just a dp b4 you drop to a 3.4/3.5 pulley

I just bought a nice regal GS with under 100k miles, it was $2200 and in pretty good shape a few little things, but now I need to see if the knocking noise is an exhaust leak or something else. I am friends with Heypal, the guy who had the turbo impala and so I am not too new to these engines.

I am already planning a new downpipe and intake with 3.5 or 3.4 pulley, I need to make sure and service the supercharger first and do a quick tune up on her. I will get pics up of her later and no I have not named her yet.

Youre gonna need more than just a dp b4 you drop to a 3.4/3.5 pulley

Yeah I know this, those are just my starters, that is my end goal. Sorry I forget that there are people who think you can just add boost without reducing KR and heat.

Pics will come after I can get to detailing her. I need to see if the knocking I hear is just from the guy putting the wrong gas in it. It does not get louder with rpms so it could also be the exhaust hitting something.

Bad waterpump can do the same...not to mention bad harmonic balancer, which seems to be more common with the Buick V6 than most...I've replaced several over the years.

I took an extension of mine and put it to various points around the engine and it is coming from the snout of the supercharger. It sounds like rocks rolling around and only happens after i get into full boost.

I got the gauge working, sadly it has 115k miles on it instead of 99,900 like the guy had said... I did see that the car makes 5.5 lbs of boost and feels stupid good.

I also found out about the bad ground for the main window control unit. I repaired that as well, and I also cleaned up the stereo wiring a bit as the kid clipped the factory plug and tried to jimmy rig the wiring very very VERY poorly. I cannot stand piss poor wiring jobs lol.

I am finding that some codes are being stored but not lighting the MIL. I got an EGR code, P1361 and P1362 and MAF circuit low, along with EVAP 1440. I am going to see about buying a new gas cap as I believe this one is not the correct cap.

Time to check more of the harness I hope I don't have to replace the ICM.

I took an extension of mine and put it to various points around the engine and it is coming from the snout of the supercharger. It sounds like rocks rolling around and only happens after i get into full boost.

Definitely the supercharger coupler then.

Coupler for sure. My 93 park Ave had a bad one when I bought it, sounded like rocks in a tin can.

I just picked up a GS a few weeks ago for $2300 with 110k. Just fixed the cluster resistors the other day. Mine has a pending code for the downstream o2 sensors, but no SES light comes on. Hope to see pictures of yours soon!

You could need a reman snout, they're not terribly expensive, Rockauto lists the coupler because I got mine there, they could have the snout too.

What's weird is it was showing 8.5 psi, but I also found I have a vacuum leak, I am really trying to stay out of boost right now so i don't damage anything if the coupler decides to gtfo. I also noticed the little black ground wire on the passenger side near the snout that bolts to the block looks like complete crap so I will be getting the soldering iron out to fix that along with the stereo harness. It's a damn good thing I kinda like to do wiring lol.

Oh I know exactly where the leak is, I found it in one of the plastic hoses. But that does make sense why I would make more, but I need to learn about these eatons, I know turbos a lot better. I though the SC was limited by the size of the pulley.

Oh I know exactly where the leak is, I found it in one of the plastic hoses. But that does make sense why I would make more, but I need to learn about these eatons, I know turbos a lot better. I though the SC was limited by the size of the pulley.

planning an m112 conversion on my 97 monte :)