2002 Chevy Impala Suspension In Turns

kdeinv

Hello,

I am having a suspension issue with my 2002 Chevy Impala with 139,000 miles. When I turn around in a circle it appears like I have a flat tire or the car is rolling up and down. This happens both on the left and right turns. (It does not have to be all the way to the right or left for it to happen).

Not really hearing anything like clicking or any groaning. Could it be the front wheel bearings need replacing? I jacked the car up and held both front tires at 12 oclock and 6 oclock and pushed in and out and there was a little play probably only 1/8 inch on both sides when I did it. I checked the sway bar and it does not seem cracked. The boots on the CV joints appear ok.

Any other ideas on what it could be?

Thanks

I jacked the car up and held both front tires at 12 oclock and 6 oclock and pushed in and out and there was a little play probably only 1/8 inch on both sides when I did it.

Should be zero play.

It seems to be commonly accepted that another indication of a failing wheel bearing on your model of car is that the ABS light is on. But what you describe certainly appears to be a bad wheel bearing.