Could someone help me out please

T_rev87

I would like to get a round about of how many pony's I have. I have a 2001 Lumina with the LG8 3100 V6 backed by the 4T-65E with a ZZP shift kit. I also have the ECM tuned by Milzy Motorsports, High performance air filter, New AC Delco plugs, New fuel filter, Flow master muffler, hollowed out CAT, and a 56mm Throttle body form a 3400. I would also like to know what octane I should run? They offer 86, 88, and 91 octane here. The exhaust smells rich so I'm wondering if I should run different octane fuel, upgrade the ignition system or both? I'm at an altitude of about 3,500 feet above sea level. Also, what else can I do to improve power without a serious tear down of the engine or transmission. Thank you in advance

I would like to get a round about of how many pony's I have. I have a 2001 Lumina with the LG8 3100 V6 backed by the 4T-65E with a ZZP shift kit. I also have the ECM tuned by Milzy Motorsports, High performance air filter, New AC Delco plugs, New fuel filter, Flow master muffler, hollowed out CAT, and a 56mm Throttle body form a 3400. I would also like to know what octane I should run? They offer 86, 88, and 91 octane here. The exhaust smells rich so I'm wondering if I should run different octane fuel, upgrade the ignition system or both? I'm at an altitude of about 3,500 feet above sea level. Also, what else can I do to improve power without a serious tear down of the engine or transmission. Thank you in advance
There's really nothing more you can do, power wise, without going forced induction. There's also no use in trying to upgrade the ignition system...its already far more potent than can be utilized by these engines. There was a supercharger kit built for the N-Body 3400, but I don't know how many are still around, or if it can be applied to an LG8 without extensive work.

Also, you can get away with 87 since the engine is still N/A. And your exhaust is going to smell rich, considering the cat is hollow. 3100s run rich by nature anyway.

There's plenty you can do to an N/A engine. Just depends on what you want and how much you wanna spend.

To say to can't build anything without going forced induction just isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone

in all likelihood, factory rating +/- 5HP.

you changed a bunch of items that honestly, didn't need changed. the LG8 won't outflow a new paper filter, plugs and fuel filter are a wear item, muffler isn't that restrictive, you gutted the cat(which does nearly nothing without a better downpipe in general) and went to a larger TB, even though the factory one probably flowed more than the LG8 will.

the rich smell is the lack of a cat.

the only real variable is whatever Milzy did with the PCM.

when it comes to 3x00s: downpipe, exhaust manifolds/headers, cam(especially cam), ported intakes/heads and/or boost is where power is made.

There's plenty you can do to an N/A engine. Just depends on what you want and how much you wanna spend.

To say to can't build anything without going forced induction just isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone

You are right. Saar pointed everything I didn't really think about (what can I say, I was ready for a nap).