Curious about suspension options

ThumpInTheTrunk

I believe you can also fit a Gen 1.5 rear sway bar to a Gen 1 car, which offers up absolutely massive rear bars from your local boneyard. You will need to modify the brackets holding the ends of the sway bar to the struts (weld a steel plate to the "C" brackets to keep the bushings from pushing out, as the 1.5 cars are slightly wider. I think I have pics of mine somewhere.)

Otherwise, replace worn parts, poly bushings, strut tower bars (CS Vert front from a boneyard, custom rear) and you should have a much better handling car with a slight budget.

I believe you can also fit a Gen 1.5 rear sway bar to a Gen 1 car, which offers up absolutely massive rear bars from your local boneyard. You will need to modify the brackets holding the ends of the sway bar to the struts (weld a steel plate to the "C" brackets to keep the bushings from pushing out, as the 1.5 cars are slightly wider. I think I have pics of mine somewhere.)

Otherwise, replace worn parts, poly bushings, strut tower bars (CS Vert front from a boneyard, custom rear) and you should have a much better handling car with a slight budget.

Car came with strut tower bars stock. I'm pretty much just going through replacing the worn out parts and that should be plenty for what I do with it. It was so sloppy with the bald tires and shot shocks that it handled like droopy ass.

New torque strut fixed the sloppy shifting, new tires have helped immensely on the horrible cornering grip, and leaf spring pads fixed the squeaks from the rear. New springs should firm everything up and really solidify the cornering. From there I'll just check for any other worn out bushings and call it good. Then back to upgrading my TA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Mmm haven't tested them any time recently to remember lol. People have stopped jumping out in front of me in this car thanks to the colorful paint job lol. I'll give them a test next drive.

This is a pic as it sits right now, just took it.

Lumina harlequin edition.:D Euro 3.4's are sweet. Like the T/A and vette too.

The biggest front sway bar available is the 34mm bar many FE3 cars had. You can poly bushings on it too.

Lumina harlequin edition.:D Euro 3.4's are sweet. Like the T/A and vette too.

The biggest front sway bar available is the 34mm bar many FE3 cars had. You can poly bushings on it too.

Haha I haven't heard that one yet, I like it! It's definitely got a special attitude to it lol. Thank you!

Coat of paint and itd b a nice car :)

Mmm haven't tested them any time recently to remember lol. People have stopped jumping out in front of me in this car thanks to the colorful paint job lol. I'll give them a test next drive.

This is a pic as it sits right now, just took it.

Coat of paint and itd b a nice car :)

I've thought about it, but it's actually kind fun to drive it as is. In my TA, people always jump out in front of me and cut me off. In the lumina, people make sure to wait till I pass cuz it looks like I'm not afraid to get all Twisted Metal on them. It's a nice change of pace lol.

:)

I've thought about it, but it's actually kind fun to drive it as is. In my TA, people always jump out in front of me and cut me off. In the lumina, people make sure to wait till I pass cuz it looks like I'm not afraid to get all Twisted Metal on them. It's a nice change of pace lol.

I've thought about it, but it's actually kinda fun to drive it as is. In my TA, people always jump out in front of me and cut me off. In the lumina, people make sure to wait till I pass cuz it looks like I'm not afraid to get all Twisted Metal on them. It's a nice change of pace lol.

Bah ignore this post, hit the wrong button in tapatalk.

Now that I think about it, I might eventually plastidip the doors red to match the rest of the fading paint on the car. Could also plastidip the hood black to cover up the baked in pollen.

Pimer and flames ;)

Now that I think about it, I might eventually plastidip the doors red to match the rest of the fading paint on the car. Could also plastidip the hood black to cover up the baked in pollen.