hey everyone!! proud new owner of a 98 monte z34 and looking to start mods!

ratchick82

hey i am new to the chevy world ive been a built ford tough guy for years but i have ventured into the chevy realm and i am anxious to start working on my new z34 that i aquired through my fiance. the car is in very good shape and has low miles. i just washed and waxed it and cleaned it up since my old lady had it trashed inside but it looks and smells like a 2013 rolling out the showroom floor.

i wanted to start with an exhaust system, i am usually a flowmaster guy but with this car not really having the size motor i feel to make that muffler rumble is there any suggestions for maybe a turbo muffler or even glasspacks? any suggestions i would appreciate, i am taking it to my exhaust guy tomorrow to have the resonator taken off and i want to look into pushing back the mufflers so that i can have more tail pipe coming out the back i was thinking some nice 3.5" pipes would sound good.

i dont know you guys lead me in the right direction thanks!!!!!!:D

Welcome. Personally the best 3800 exhaust is a quiet one, but there will be others chiming in with their preference. There is a memeber, outontheniles, that used a stock exhaust from a LS4 car on his Impala that apparently sounds pretty decent. I have considered going that route. Otherwise, awesome car. Pics are needed too! I have the same car, but with a 5 speed and a top-swapped, supercharged 3800.