A question for the Electrical Expert...

pontiac735

I have a 90 STE since about a month and was puzzled by a few things.First off,my brake lights(3 bulb assembly)on the drivers side do not work,changed the bulbs and no difference,they were working when I first bought it.The daytime running lights don't work I checked to make sure that the parking brake was not on either,normal headlight operation does work though.I noticed a couple of times that the drivers power window stops working,this only happened a couple of times though it works now.And 1 more thing the stereo(factory)has alot of static and muffled sound coming from the drivers side only,but I was told by another member that problem was realted to the factory amp failing.It must be a short somewhere and I'm wondering has any other member ran into something similar to this before.I got the car cheap and if this is the only problems that I'll encounter then I'll be happy :D Thanks for any info u guys can pass along.

First start at the fuse box check your fuses. from there the best thing you can do is go at it with a voltmeter. get at the end connections and test for ground and test for voltate and work your way back to the dash.

as for the window it could be the motor dieing on you :(

As for the speaker factory amp? no such thing.(i think) Just the headunit. Your speaker cone is probably damaged(cracked coil or other) causing a baffle/cracking sound(signe of abuse). Personaly i would replace the facotory speakers if they are blown, if that fails to fix the problem rework the wireing form the headunit. If its still bad then i would say you have a fucked up headunit.