Fog lights and switching.

MaroonRegal

I want to put fog lights on the Regal. Physically, it won't be a very difficult task. I found some space to put them, and I think the '97+ lights will slide right in...if they won't, something will. My question is this: I don't want to fuck around cutting holes in dash pieces, making the dash un-stock, so how easy would it be to wire the fog lights to the same switch as the headlights. If it's easy, would a problem be caused by turning on the brights? Fill me in here, thanks.

There are a few ways to go about this. First of all, if your regal's anything like my cutty, you could just find the switch for the foglamps at boneyard. The second way is to look in your steering column and find a tan wire coming from your turn signal switch. Hook up a relay as shown below:

foglamps.bmp

You may be able to hook the positive connections on the foglamps right up to the tan wire but then you're taking a chance of causing problems like melting wires etc. If you have any more questions about the relay stuff just pm me. I'll try and give a better explanation.

uuuuuuh for my foglights all i did was wire them up to the battery with a fuse and ran a wire into the cockpit and put a toggle switch, you can find a discrete place to put a little toggle switch, its that easy, just make sure you have the right size fuse and get one of those toggle switches with the light on it so you can tell when its on or off so you can remember to shut it off and the battery wont drain

uhm, since the 95+ regal shares a near identical dash to the cutlass and GP, why not just take ITS foglight switch panel? and IIRC I do remember '95-96 coupes having foglights, it's got to

remember that you would still probably have to run some wiring even if you found a switch for your car. That would also mean cutting the connector off the foglight wiring of another car so you have something to connect to. That is if there is such thing as a switch for these cars.

uuuuuuh for my foglights all i did was wire them up to the battery with a fuse and ran a wire into the cockpit and put a toggle switch, you can find a discrete place to put a little toggle switch, its that easy, just make sure you have the right size fuse and get one of those toggle switches with the light on it so you can tell when its on or off so you can remember to shut it off and the battery wont drain

why dont you just read this again a few times, its so much simpler

I don't want to fuck around cutting holes in dash pieces, making the dash un-stock, so how easy would it be to wire the fog lights to the same switch as the headlights.

i feel the same way. in my tercel i got so picky with making s switch for my neon lights that, since my car didn't have a/c, i got an a/c switch from the boneyard and used that to switch on my interior neons. works great and looks 100% stock!

or get cyber white foglights with a remote like my buddy has easy installation and no worry bout where the switch is

my 2 cents

lata

jeremy

hey that's a good idea! those r sweet. we sell them where i work!

I made some pictures of your car with the two styles of fog lights.

Here is your car w/ 97+ fog lights.

Front%20Fog.jpg

And here is your car w/ a bumper off an 94 Regal. I would have changed the color in photoshop but I don't know how to.

font%20fog%20good.jpg

i feel the same way. in my tercel i got so picky with making s switch for my neon lights that, since my car didn't have a/c, i got an a/c switch from the boneyard and used that to switch on my interior neons. works great and looks 100% stock!

Thats genius right there. :idea: :cheers: