Just popping in for a little bit..

piscespokerbrat

Hey everyone! I just bought a '96 Olds CS SL today for $240 (see pics) that im gonna flip as soon as I sort out a few things (a p0301 and a p0118 code). Drove 20 miles home around 85-90 the whole way (oops). This car just gets up and boogies down the road. Other than that, I thought I would join so I could see if anyone has a factory CD radio (want the climate and radio steering wheel controls to work without adding a SWI module). The car is loaded top to bottom with leather, factory fogs, digital climate, 16" alloys, etc.. just no moonroof!!! Other than, I do signs and decals for my bread and butter, I do gourmet coffee international, and I have a cell phone app that pays (pm for more info if wanted). I currently live in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.

post-8258-14368912505_thumb.jpg

post-8258-143689125012_thumb.jpg

post-8258-143689125024_thumb.jpg

post-8258-143689125037_thumb.jpg

Edited by piscespokerbrat

Thanks guys! This guy was asking $400.. I hit him at 2.. he said 250.. told him hed have to settle for 240 as I only had a couple of 20's ha ha. I almost feel bad.. but then again, I have owned so many cars in my life that to me its just another hunk of metal.. lol I wish this thing had the moonroof. If it did, I would look into a 5spd swap (if possible...) Did I mention that the Autotragic was rebuilt last year in this thing?

Welcome! You did get a steal at that price, they're good cars! Nice color combo too! 3.1? How many miles? Check your coolant, that's a dex-cool car! A magic eraser would work wonders on the door sill and that long door opening molding. And the only problem with the radio in those cars is the knobs always break, if you wind up having to go to a yard for the parts make sure they're good and grab the heater knobs just in case!

5-spd swap would be tough, they didn't make one so the center console will be a challenge.

Good luck with it!

Ya, this is DEATH-cool car for sure! It has been converted to green thankfully (as well as my 4.3 in my Jimmy). The CS has the 3.1 and 194k on the clock. One thing that has me puzzled was a poof of white smoke that smelled like heavy fuel. I did a compression test today on the engine and that came out fairly normal. The plugs were old, but not wet or indicative of as if moisture is hitting them. I am thinking the intake manifold gaskets (my 4.3 had them fail) at this point. But all in all, that Green Metallic paint really dazzles in the sun!!! I'll have this car detailed down by this weekend, and I will post up better pictures then (all weather depending of course).