96 Cutlass- new CL find

poofdirt

We needed to find another car to help someone out and my wife sent me a bunch of crap from craigslist. The last one she sent was worth looking at! 1996 Cutlass Supreme SL with 52,000 desert SW miles. Nice Car!

I was looking to find info on the part that holds the door open and decided to join a forum like I did for the boat and truck, well I ended up here. :D

A few pics here:

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/poofdirt/Cutlass/

Welcome, and nice find! Interesting color. Looks like you need a door check. Did you unbolt it from the a pillar or was it already like that? You will need to pop the door panel off to access the other bolts to remove it. You can find a good used one on the passenger side of any early W bodies in yards, or maybe somebody here has one.

Welcome, and nice find! Interesting color. Looks like you need a door check. Did you unbolt it from the a pillar or was it already like that? You will need to pop the door panel off to access the other bolts to remove it. You can find a good used one on the passenger side of any early W bodies in yards, or maybe somebody here has one.

I had it all fixed this weekend. It was unbolted from the pillar when I bought it. I pulled the door panel and speaker and seen it flopping around as I wiggled. Pulled the boot at the front of the door and the bolts were loose.

Went and bought all new barbed fasteners and it's like new!

BTW, we helped Son out with '05 Hyundai and kept this!

Edited by poofdirt

Interesting color.

I'd describe it as Charcoal Green. Can't find the paint code on a body tag anywhere. It's the original paint, if not, they did a hell of a job!