new too w-bodys!!!

pattykay

Welp just wanna say hey!! Names Patrick and Just bought my first w-body and i'm pretty pumped. Found a near perfect 2000 regal GS with 66,000 miles for sale at a local saab dealer of all places haha. Picked her up for $6,400...does that sound a bought right?? anyways like i said i'm pretty excited and hope i have good luck with her. Will post pics once i take some tomorrow!! If anyone has any advice pertaining too owning a supercharged 3800 beast i would love to hear from ya!! thanks:thumbsup:

Welcome! Sounds like a good deal with such low miles. I owned a 2000 Grand Prix GTP(99% same car as yours) for 4.5 years. Here's a few things I wish I knew about when I got mine.

#1 Open cone/CAI/HAI intake. Blower whine is the great on these. You can get a 9" x 4" dry-flow cone filter from AEM on Ebay for like $10, so intakes don't need to be expensive.

#2 Lower intake manifold gaskets. The stock plastic ones might be fine for now, but should be replaced with metal ones (around $55) before 100,000 miles at least.

#3 Transmission. With heavy use, mine grenaded at 135k miles. Had it rebuilt for $1300

#4 Rocker panels like to rust. You probably wont have a problem with this as long as you keep it clean.

#5 If you're mod-minded, make sure your maintenance is up to date before doing any mods. There is a huge aftermarket for these.

That's all I can think of off hand, but sounds like its in great shape to start. Keep it that way you wont regret it.