1blkgtp422

I am going to be getting into this TGP project this spring. I purchased car last winter and just fired it up a few days ago. Of course I step on brake pedal to test the PM3 Unit and I blew out the rear lines. Is there a way to test PM3 without just stepping on pedal while driving it? I really wanna know how much money to dump into this car before I get to the body work. Motor sounded good while running. It ran good till I reved it up a lil bit and blew apart the metal cooling line going to heater core lol. First 5 mins with the car and its blowing up stuff left and right lol. I guess thats whats to expect of a 22 year old car. Anyway cant wait to get started on her. 135K on her. Plus Grey cloth interior in good shape. Ill post some pics of the car when I load camera. The guy I bought car off of had paper work for rebuilt PM3 and Overhaul on tranny. Crossing fingers tho lol.

So long as the brake system is leak free, you can test the PMIII without driving it.

Depressurize the brake system- with the key off, press the brake pedal 40 times. Next, turn the key on. The pump motor should cycle and run for 30-60 seconds. If it shuts off in under 60 seconds, it passes that test.

With the key on, step on the brake pedal. Does the pump run every press of the pedal? If so, you have a bad accumulator. The pump motor should only cycle every 3-5 presses of the brake pedal.

Last but not least, make sure the pump motor doesn't run constantly. Once it reaches the proper pressure, the motor should shut off. If the pump motor runs constantly and never shuts off (or doesn't run at all) then you have issues.

Hopefully that helps you get started.

Edited by Addicted To Boost

Not really, just take your time. Bleed the brakes with the key on, so the pump will push all the air out of the system. Keep a close eye on your fluid levels, as the pump will suck it down quickly. Bleed in the same pattern as a normal car- start at the passenger rear wheel, then driver's rear, next the passenger front wheel, and finish off at the driver's front wheel. Definitely helps to have a second person in doing this.