Hey, been driving a '99 Lumina LS but just joined.

bracohen

I have a '99 Lumina LS with the 3.1 litre engine in gold(?) which I find to be a pretty drab color tbh. Car has 48,500 miles. I am not a fan of the chrome along the bumpers and windows of the doors, if anyone has a good tutorial on how to shadowline those spots, please let me know. The car is completely stock but I am planning on some lowering springs, probably just the Suspension Technique model for modest 1.25" drop (if anyone has a good lead on some that are inexpensive let me know!). Possibly some custom wheels in the future, or maybe just some sportier tires, but for now stock looks better than pretty much anything else that I see. I did a search for some camber plates but it didn't turn up much, I am guessing it is more of a custom built thing? Basically I am just looking to sport up the handling a little so anything you guys would like to recommend is welcome.

thanks and peace

welcome. Another gen 1.5er for the cult :D pictures?

As for making it more sporty handling, I suggest you rip the front and rear suspensions from a 1995-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34. Same basic car but with 2 doors and a much sportier suspension. Other members can probably chime in with the specific parts you'd need. As far as I'm aware, you'll need the shocks and struts, and rear sway bar. (Tip. I believe 1995 models have the thickest rear sway bar.)

Edited by Z34guy

Welcome to the forum! Where are ya from? Nice to see more gen 1.5 drivers on here.. Hope to see some pics as well!

Virginia Beach

welcome. Another gen 1.5er for the cult :D pictures?

As for making it more sporty handling, I suggest you rip the front and rear suspensions from a 1995-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34. Same basic car but with 2 doors and a much sportier suspension. Other members can probably chime in with the specific parts you'd need. As far as I'm aware, you'll need the shocks and struts, and rear sway bar. (Tip. I believe 1995 models have the thickest rear sway bar.)

Another cult huh? Already in this one:

5855444318_23043a1ec4_z.jpg

Although I think they call the 2002 a cult classic, and a '99 sure ain't a classic yet! I'll have to get some pictures of the Lumina tomorrow, no action shots though.

Thanks for the tip about the Z34 suspension. Are all suspension items that may be labeled for the Monte Carlo interchangeable with the Lumina? I was assuming yes since they appear to be an identical platform, but assuming will always get you into trouble.

Wow! Looks pretty clean! What kind of condition are those wheels in? They look pretty nice... If/when you're ready to get custom wheels you should let me know!

And where's the rear bow tie?

very clean lumina!!

Thanks, and it is nice to have low miles but it makes me want to not drive it so much to keep it low! Luckily my wife has a Prius, so I never feel bad about driving that thing getting 50 mpg.

Wow! Looks pretty clean! What kind of condition are those wheels in? They look pretty nice... If/when you're ready to get custom wheels you should let me know!

And where's the rear bow tie?

The wheels look great in the pictures don't they? haha They're in really nice condition, but far from perfect, they have some scuffs here and there. As far as the trunk emblems, they're in the trunk. There was a dealer emblem on there and while I was removing it I took the Lumina and Chevy off as well. I liked the look so they're staying off (for now) but the one on the front is definitely staying.

Nice! Is that your BMW? I might get punched for saying this but I wouldn't mind seeing more pics of that thing :D

banhammer-sutych.jpg

LOL> I honestly couldn't care less about BMW's. Good cars IMO, but over-rated and most drivers are douchebags from my experience.

Also. That Lumina is CLEAN!

recommended looks mods: Monte Carlo Z34 front and rear bumper covers, Monte Carlo rear tail light panel and rims. Anything else you want for the suspension, talk to BXX. He seems to be our resident suspension buff.

Edited by Z34guy