jibby54

Hello there,been reading many forums here of some people all having same prolems with TGP,right now have one that stops running when it gets warmed up,been trying to pin point with scanner,temp gets to 208,several new O2 's and all at fast idle after warming up stay around 900 or so while warming up it cycles lean,rich,etc at idle ipw is 78-80 at idle then seems to get a small miss fire that causes exhuast to rattle,then stops running.Good new crossover,new coils and control,new crank sens,has crank speed showing 275 even when not starting so think sens ok,took out pugs and very black so replaced them.after sitting starts up fine,also has new map. from reading things here looks like need to ohm the injectors,seems to be common problem,does have high miles,196,000 and sat for last 7 years but has been ok since back on road, One question! maybe stupid question but maybe helpful info!!! under high boost lines will blow out of TBody,rubber fits very tight,maybe just need to zip tie or is thiis sign of something?!thanks for now

I would look at your fuel injectors, I solved 80% of my driveability issues when I replaced the injectors on my 90 TGP with 145k miles. Just pull the upper intake, remove the injector wiring and test them with an ohm meter. I think that they should be around 12.3 if I remember correctly(4 of mine were bad).

Good luck

Woodsbuggy

There's a plastic clip made to hold the vacuum lines into the throttle body, came on turbo cars only and are very hard to find.

You could use a ziptie or make your own clip with a piece of sheetmetal to hold the lines in place.

thanks,I did'nt drive this car for many years so forgot what held the rubber in,most have lost it,will come up with something! just did'nt know if it was common to blow out,but sounds like it is working like it should just getting old and needs a new GIRDLE:dance:

I had a Simular issue and it turned out to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Take the intake tube off, the one that goes in to the intercooler and see if there is fuel in there. IF there is then most likley a fuel pressure regulator. If you leave that tube off and turn the key to the run position but don't start it and if fuel dribbles out of the intake, good chance it's the pressure regualtor.

On my non turbo 3.1, I hade only 1 injector that was bad (they had 194,004 miles on them), but it was more than enough to keep it from running. As soon as it was warm enough, BAM, it would die and not start back up. Replaced all 6 and haven't had an issue since.