1988 Indianapolis 500 Cutlass Supreme PACE CAR Tribute!

1988PhantomFE3

Yeah, I know. I see them too. I'll take a Wideside if I have to because I can always change out the bed. Lots of people out there will trade their Sportside bed for a Wideside bed.

And no, the Crew ticket winner wasn't me. I haven't looked on there for Indy stuff for awhile. Just been buying stuff for work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1988PhantomFE3

• ManicMechanic

• j_mezz

• 94 olds vert

• 2 weeks later...

YEAH! I got em. I'm going to use them for a Poster banner for the pace car.

What's the Paint Code for the lower Silver/Grey on the1988 Indy 500 Pace car/ GMC Hauler?

Need to tell the shop, so they can start painting some of the pieces.

Thank man!

Thank YOU Jay! I have to take the rear ground effects piece to the Sign Shop. They are going to duplicate the "Cutlass Supreme SX" decal to exact size. You can still see where the original decal was, but the decal is long gone. Need the Decal exact to size, before they paint it over. I'll post so pics when I get a chance.

Contacted the Dealership to have them CHECK the VIN # 1G3WR14W2JD314795, for Car 154 used at the 1988 Indy 500 - assigned "Public Relations"...

It must have matched because the AD was pulled right afterwords.

Original ad stated, "believed to be a track car"...

Guess now they know for sure!

$13,000? Are they really worth that? Mine is gonna be nicer! Maybe it will be worth what I've got in it after all? lol

Must be an optical illusion but it looks like the decals are crooked.

Edited by j_mezz

I guess I could do that...It's back from paint, still reassembling. I'll do a before and after write up when it's done but here's a before and present...

picture1.jpg

picture11.jpg

I'm working on the new carpet install now...

picture17.jpg

First thing that caught my eye in that pic:lol: Also you need a driver`s side front corner lenses for that? Heading to the yard in a few hours and they look just like the ones on the older sedans.

That's a Beautiful Pace car! It IS going to be better than the one for sale.

They have new side markers on ebay, I got both sides for ours. I probable have 3 sets of used ones, just didn't look good enough for me...

Thanks for posting some pics, I can't wait till your "Before & After" is up!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm with you phantom, I have a couple of good used ones but I'm picky too so I picked up a set of those new side markers from ebay a few months ago. That same guy hunted down new grills, headlights, and parking lights for me too so it really should look great! Can't wait to put it all back together!

I've been holding off on putting that stuff in because the cross beam that sits over the radiator didn't get painted with the rest of the car (dopey body shop guy). So it's going back to a local body shop to get that painted (and the decals put on) as soon as I finish the carpet, then I'll finish it off with the nose stuff.

J Mezz,

Don't stop doing what you're doing, and post some pics please!

I've heard from alot of the 1988 Indy 500 Pace Car Replica Owners, this is where they come for info. And they all say they spend several hours on this site!

So if they need any info/updates, they come here!

Thanks BUD!

• 1 month later...

That truck is like 1.5-2 hours from me. what made them special aside of the decals? looks like a pretty regular 1500 short of the decals.

That truck is like 1.5-2 hours from me. what made them special aside of the decals? looks like a pretty regular 1500 short of the decals.

That's pretty much it. :lol:

Just special to me because I was at the race and loved the pace cars and trucks.