1988 Indianapolis 500 Cutlass Supreme PACE CAR Tribute!

1988PhantomFE3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1988PhantomFE3

• ManicMechanic

• j_mezz

• 94 olds vert

The Paint shop is telling me that the CHECKERED FLAG Decals I have will not work, they want to charge me an extra $890.00 to mask & paint the decals on!

Does anyone have experience with dacals being applied, then Clear Coating over them?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am thinking about abandoning the idea of a 2WD Indy clone...And going for a 4WD and making it AWD. Like a full sized Syclone. :think:

The Paint shop is telling me that the CHECKERED FLAG Decals I have will not work, they want to charge me an extra $890.00 to mask & paint the decals on!

Does anyone have experience with decals being applied, then Clear Coating over them?

Somehow, I think clear coating over the decals is probably a mistake. I'm not sure why but that doesn't sound like it will end well...

The kids have taked me into getting the Paint Job on MY Pace Car AFTER I finish our Daughter's 1975 Mach 1. It's been in the Family since new, passed down to everyone, but at my place now.

Since Our Daughter got a JOB recently, how the "F" can I ignore them now??

Pace Car is on hold again, maybe the Kids will finish her when I'm gone...

Just went thru EBAY to get new side markers for the front of the car...Just over $100 with shipping. OMG, money is not worth what it was!

I will taKE pics of the rig this weekend and post.

Miss you guys, ED

Mustang IIs were kinda cool for a glorified Pinto. :D

Started gathering parts for the AWD Indy. An Astro transfer case and Escalade 3.73 ratio front diff. Need to see if I can use Astro AWD hubs and tuck the 2WD wheels in front and use a rear axle from a 2WD truck.

• 1 month later...

Finally got called off the Clearence Issues with the U S NAVY. I only have 2 weeks off to deal with the Pace Car stuff. Need the rear bumper. if anyone could help before I go under the Waves again... I will pay! Frikkin OBAMA!

I think 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 and maybe 1992. Not sure on the 1992, but the others are for sure, as long as it's the Cutlass Supreme.

Hoping anyone can help, this is the last piece we need before we can prep for paint.

Thanks for everything!

ED

360-434-5800

CUTLASS 88 FWD, International Series

CUTLASS 89 International Series

CUTLASS 90 2 Dr, International Series

CUTLASS 91 2 Dr, w/sport bumper

CUTLASS 88 FWD, International Series

CUTLASS 89 International Series

CUTLASS 90 2 Dr, International Series

CUTLASS 91 2 Dr, w/sport bumper

You guys are awesome! Thanks Jay! I may have found one on Ebay, made an offer, guess will see what happens...

Now I have to figure out how the back license plate was held on. I totally forgot how the PACE CAR plate was held on the 88 Cutlass when we took it off...

Be well my Friends

• 2 weeks later...

Got turned down on the offer for the bumper, going to have to pay full price and $50 shipping too. Jay, I put in a request with Marylin at Graphik Concepts for the Door Decals, can't wait for that to go thru! :dance:

I still need to get a set of the truck decals. That's the furthest from my mind now. When I was looking for a 2WD 1988 GMC to start with, the 2WDs that were available were junk and 4x4s were everywhere. Now that I am looking for a 4x4 to start with, 2WDs come out of the woodwork and not a decent 4x4 to be found. :roll:

That's the way things usually go man! too funny. I still have those 2 door decals and the 1 rear fender for the truck. I thought you already had the windshield GMC? I also got an extra set of the Black 1988 72nd Running that go on the front fenders.

hah, I have no decals at the moment. I just have the AWD setup. Sold what I wasn't going to use in a 2WD to fund the AWD truck.

BUMMER BRO! If you ever get started on the 2WD, at least you know where some of the decals are...

Did you win a bid on ebay for some 1988 Crew Tickets?

I just won a bid for the 88 MEDIA decal for BLUE LOT at Indianapolis dure the race.

Take care man,

ED

PS I keep seeing 2WD Sportsides everywhere, all different years too :confused::confused: