1988 Indianapolis 500 Cutlass Supreme PACE CAR Tribute!

1988PhantomFE3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1988PhantomFE3

• ManicMechanic

• j_mezz

• 94 olds vert

The GFX and paint on that is awesome! Bummer it's gone! You probably have seen these truck pics from Indy...and the Dr.'s 455 ride of course!

post-5754-143689096096_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096099_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096102_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096106_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096111_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096379_thumb.jpg

Thee's a local former Olds dealer here Ed, I will have to call you with the details (I think I have your number still) but he has a 455 wagon that was once drag raced bu Dick Smothers and more low mileage Oldsmobiles than one person can drool over.

You have a couple I've never seen before.

One year I have not found in the way of trucks used was 1985.

I had a 1985 Calais convertible. I picked it up cheap because the back end had been on fire.

One of my co-workers had a Calias we'd drive to Oregon on a contract job with the EPA. He was a little elderly and as soon as he started snoring, I'd punch it to the floor...no kidding. I pulled over at a rest area cuz he had to use the little girls room, and to my surprise I found a Quad 4 under the hood. It was 5 hours each way and I was always in a hurry to get home for the weekend. That little Calias Quad 4 made good time, as long as he stayed asleep!

I have an X and her younger brother ended up marring my younger sister, she gave me all our picture back at Christams celebration. The wife really liked that, most of the pics were of us together, several at the prom too. So don't lose hope, you might get you pictures back someday! GOD FORBID you actually have to see the X though.

JAY, I dug the decals out of storage today. Both doors & 1 rear fender are in the box. I have the front fender decals in Black too. I wish I knew how to add pics to private messages, but I can't figure that out yet. I searched for a long time for decals to put on the Tribute pace car. When I saw these I picked them up cuz I knew all I had to figure out was the PACE CAR parts for the decal. Since then I've found where to get mine, so I don't need these and I don't want to chop them up. Still Interested?

post-5754-143689096833_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096842_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096851_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689096859_thumb.jpg

Hey Jay, (wow, that rymed) Just incase I get hit by that asteriod coming, I wanted to get the following info to you;

Marilyn (very pleasant lady)

Graphic Concepts

248-473-8990 (new area code than what's printed on box)

1988 GMC OFFICIAL TRUCK door decals - $80 set

front fender decals in "black over silver" - $22.00 each

those are currently still available bud!

I just ordered another set of the rear decals for our Pacer, but Silver over Black this time. If we put the long checkered flag decals down the sides, we will need the Black over Silver, but if we end up not liking it, I'll need the ones I'm getting now.

I didn't want you to feel obligated to get the decals I have, unless you really want them. And if you're needing to make sure you can get them somewhere closer, now you got that info too Bro!

STAY COOL!

Edited by 1988PhantomFE3

I do need to call and go over this...Last night I got sick and I work until the weekend - and even then I work, but I'll some time.

J_MEZZ, YES! They still have the OFFICIAL PACE CAR decals, $100 for the door set. They are the folks who originally supplied all the decals for the Cutlass Supreme pace car and Indy Hauler that year in 1988. Back in the day the owner thoguht it best to keep some of these in storage, just in case someone might need them some day. Great Call on that one! We have the original OLDSMOBILE winshield decal, but it's silver and seems bigger than the ones on the Replicas...hmmmm? Anyhow, when I spoke with Marilyn today about the door decals for the hauler, she mentioned something about recovering the vinyl with new stuff? I know she wasn't talking about the Mask Covering, so basically these would be brand new.

Anyone interested should ask for Marilyn, she's a winner! They actually have done alot over the years and are still going strong, here's their link;

http://www.graphikconcepts.com/

I never even knew these existed, a whole other group of W body pace cars except from Daytona? Does anyone here own one of these GP pace cars? There's so many different ones and years! Now I'm definately going to try and get a GP!!!:dance:

post-5754-143689097043_thumb.jpg

post-5754-143689097051_thumb.jpg

I have 2 of those somewhere, probably in storage cuz I just looked in the safe. They need polishing from time to time or they start looking corroded, but it's just the brass. Anyone who has a nice yacht can relate to that.

I also got an email from a seller on ebay, the photo you want of a '85 Official Truck is in that years program. The link below is for the cheapest one I found listed. GO FOR IT INDY BUDDY!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-PROGRAM-FOR-THE-69TH-INDY-500-MAY-26-1985-/261015422306?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3cc5bb4562

I'm going for one of the pewter buckles myself, it's different than this one bigtime. I already have one, but we need anotther one. We are going to see what they might look like on the very front of the hood and back on the trunk while at car shows/cruise in's. It's all up in the air right now, but as long as we have them to play with, we'll try them here or there.

J_MEZZ, you gonna build a pace car collection shadowbox? I wish you had more pics of your pace car replica. I have little items from the 1988 Indy 500 if anyone ever needs them. We're going to start having the stuff put in a frame just to see what all the passes and tickets and pics look like.

Edited by 1988PhantomFE3

You'll be seeing more of the pace car soon, it's in the paint shop now! I'll post up a project thread when I get it back.

Getting a new paint job? Maybe you can help me out again with some info, "What's the paint code for the gray on the bottom?"