holsetGrandprix

Do you really need it? I've only seen line locks on cars that REALLY would benefit from it, say sub 12 second cars. Parking brake would work just fine for you I'm sure. I doubt you're making enough power to drag the rear wheels with the PB on.

I dono I'd imagine there are plenty of aftermarket solutions that you could employ with relative ease. But I don't think anyone here has ever done that.

Gee, I don't know, I can lock my back tires just fine with my ebrake, so I don't see how more braking force would help when the TIRES are the issue. But whatever, we don't know what the hell we are talking about so I'm gonna stay out of here.

Forgot about the whole clutch pedal thing. Derp.

I know some guys have converted to a handle ebrake, but if you want a line lock that won't really help much. I've heard good things about Hurst kits, but I haven't used any before so I wouldn't know what's good and what's bad.

And what I meant about the tires was that if your back tires are dragging with the ebrake as opposed to rolling (which some have had happen, weak cables, bad adjustment, whatever) your tires are the issue, not the roll control, as your tires don't have enough grip to hold to the surface. Of course if they are still rolling with the ebrake on forget everything I said.

Ok hold on just a second. You come on here and inside of your first 6 posts are talking down to people who are trying to help. Please stop that it makes you come off like a dick.

Im just responding to the first 2 replys , they seemed sarcastic and negative/ doubtful to my situation. I thought this was a technical part of the forum? How am i coming off like a dick when i get responces like...line lock will only help sub 12 second cars... Duh use the e brake... like I am some dumb ass??

Edited by holsetGrandprix

How am i coming off like a dick......

Here is one example, there are more but it is a pita to quote on my phone.

if you dont konw the answer, dont just write anything, some of us are real car guys that care about specifics, details and performance. ........not some naturally aspirated junk that i inherited. I guess w -body does not have any serious performance guys??

Can you add a line lock? you should certainly be able to.... however, you could probably be more informative and tell us more about what you are driving. i am assuming a 91-93 gtp, (though it might be a 88-90 3.1 car???) and those car often do have WEAK rear brakes.

I am going to assume your car's current parking brake does not work well, as the stock rear parking brake DID suck, and not everyone is keen on this. Most likely the brake just slips and you start moving... HOWEVER... the brakes if truely locked will just skid the tires if you give it enough power anyhow. THEN AGAIN>>>> if you have a manual and a clutch what are you doing??? dropping the clutch early and trying to do mad tire spin? Wouldn't it make the most sense to rev up and drop the clutch on green anyhow?

let me offer an alternative to the line lock:

Conversion of rear brakes to 94+ components, with the addition of 94+ parking brake cables. Using this with the stock 93- parking brake pedal(p.s. if it's ratchet slips, lubricate it) you will have a parking brake that can hold, and have the release handle. You might even be able to add a power actuator that can pull the release so you don't have to even reach for it...

Im just responding to the first 2 replys , they seemed sarcastic and negative/ doubtful to my situation. I thought this was a technical part of the forum? How am i coming off like a dick when i get responces like...line lock will only help sub 12 second cars... Duh use the e brake... like I am some dumb ass??

I wasn't trying to make you sound like an idiot...but you weren't very descriptive on the car, etc to begin with. I think we all thought you were trying to add a line lock to a car that was pretty much stock. I was saying that the car's I usually see with one are making enough power to where a parking brake wouldn't do anything but drag the wheels. Maybe you do that already? I don't know that :lol: