What front bumpers will bolt onto my car and be alright?

m0sh_man

ive got a 1991 GTP 3.4L DOHC 5 speed, i just got it last tuesday, and the front bumper was ripped on the bottom, id like to replace it, and i dont mind doing other mods to make another bumper work for now (IE changing headlight buckets and such) but im just wondering if they will physically fit with changes, Ive found a 1989 SE but it has different headlights, mine has the countersunk headlights and it has the outter lense type lights. Just wondering if it would still bolt to my car or if it just wouldnt look right?

will i have to get a 91-94(or 93) aero body bumper only?

matthew

No those older ones will work.. obviously you'll have to change the headlights and such. I saw a '95 once with the older, non-mini quad headlights and foglights, so someone has done it before and it looked perfect.

ive got a 1991 GTP...Ive found a 1989 SE...Just wondering if it would still bolt to my car or if it just wouldnt look right?

It would bolt up if all the appropriate pieces were swapped. If you compare the 2 styles, though, you'll notice that the '91 SE/GTP (B4U) front facia is wider (to match the side cladding & rear bumper) and the edge along the wheel opening is shaped to match up with the fender flares. The side cladding & facia's bumper strip will look mismatched and the front fender flares would terminate abruptly.