Brake pedal goes to floor

The GP is pissing me off again... The pedal has always had quite a bit of travel since I put the ABS pump in it at BXXs since I didnt bleed the brakes at the wheels... However, I had that done today with no change, the pedal still goes to the floor and the car barely slows down... Its not leaking any fluid and the MC was new when I got it, the ABS pump has 80k on it... The shop told me a siezed caliper would cause that and told me to put brakes on it all around, the left rear rotor was rusted on the back side meaning the pad wasnt touching it, I am going to start my diag here... But the fronts have about 5% left so I am still going to get new pads for the front and new rotors for the rear, havent decided on new pads for the rear since they have 50+%... So, what else should I check to find out why it wont stop?

Internal MC leak? Always a possibility... did you bleed the ABS module with a scan tool? Could be lingering air. They're really tricky bastards.

If you had a stuck caliper it might happen but I'd be more inclined to believe you would have some braking power at the rest of the wheels.

I would replace all rotors/pads/calipers that needed it, new fluid and bleed it really well, and if all that fails, booster!!

having little left to your pads makes the brakes feel softer, as you have more fluid needing compressed.

new pads on front, check slides on rear brakes. With rust on one side of rotor they are likely seized. might require new rear caliper(s) and pads on rear. if the rotors look good enough take low grit emery cloth and scrub them with a circular motion.

As mentioned on Facebook, you said you had them bleed the brakes. Unless you specified, did you have them bleed the abstract module and master cylinder out properly?

As mentioned on Facebook, you said you had them bleed the brakes. Unless you specified, did you have them bleed the abstract module and master cylinder out properly?

I talked to the tech and watched him bleed them both

Internal MC leak? Always a possibility... did you bleed the ABS module with a scan tool? Could be lingering air. They're really tricky bastards.

If you had a stuck caliper it might happen but I'd be more inclined to believe you would have some braking power at the rest of the wheels.

No, I didnt realize it had to be done with a scan tool, that may be it

Had a friend of mine check it out... The master wasn't sending any pressure to the rear brakes... I bought a new master and when taking the old one off I found junkyard markings on the old one... Fucking lovely

I wil have to check the box but yes it was a reman one... I couldnt find a new one for the life of me... I feel that its leaking this time however, something was dripping pretty bad under it when I got home and the pedal was non existant... Its worse now that it ever has been... Now when I put it in drive with the pedal to the floor, the car will roll forward... It was a bitch moving it to the other parking lot as I can only keep 1 vehicle in my parking lot at a time

• 2 weeks later...

Went and checked it out... It sounds like the ABS unit is sucking in air... Not sure how or why?? I am going to take it to the shop that bled it before as they said they would redo it for free

Waiting for today's update to read "Brakes failed again"

Its not fixed... A new one installed is 1800 bucks... I will have to source another junkyard one