04whitess

well...my friend has the sub, ive heard it...sounds like id want. and my other friend has those speakers they sound amazing.

Come listen to my IDMax. Hell, come listen to my two IDQ10's. Those are subs that actually produce amazing competition winning sound quality at affordable prices.

As for speakers, have a listen to someone's Polk DB series. You'll very quickly change what your definition of amazing sound is.

Also remember what I said earlier; install makes or breaks a sound system. Do a shitty job installing everything, and it will sound like crap. I can take a set of expensive Focal 6.5" components and make them sound like complete garbage with a bad install, and I can take a set of cheap Pioneer components and make them sound absolutely amazing and better than the Focal comps. Don't underestimate the importance of a proper install.

Edited by xtremerevolution

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 04whitess

• white4d96

• xtremerevolution

• Addicted to eaton

i had a 1100 Sony amp hooked up to my 1000 watt kicker.. took about 5 min to make the Blow, they started smelling within 40-50 sec. it was fun and the sub was new. i returned it and laughed. (i bought it just to see if it could take that power)

xtremerevolution...all i have ever tried saying is that i am not doing a professional job...i am putting in replacement speakers and amps because i want my music to be louder. for the record my doors and rear deck come stock with deadening/dampening.

more than anything i just want something to do...for fun, and when i listen to music loudly, its fun...because i like it...and i have fun being with my friends to put something together.

xtremerevolution...all i have ever tried saying is that i am not doing a professional job...i am putting in replacement speakers and amps because i want my music to be louder. for the record my doors and rear deck come stock with deadening/dampening.

more than anything i just want something to do...for fun, and when i listen to music loudly, its fun...because i like it...and i have fun being with my friends to put something together.

I go by the mentality that if you do something, do it right, don't half-ass it or it won't be worth your while. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it does have to be done right.

Stock sound deadening and dampening is useless. Nowhere NEAR effective for dampening resonating doors and body panels, or sealing them for that matter. I have heard sound systems in very many cars including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen w-bodies now and I can always point out when sound deadening/dampening is not used. I'm referring to stuff like ED eDead, Dynamat, RAMat, SDS, etc. If you want loud, mount the 6x9's to the left and right of your head next to the seat. It will sound just as good as what you're trying to do if not better. I'm trying to make a point here.

Now, you've always been saying you want something that sounds better than stock. Now you've changed it to say you want something that's louder than stock. Well, which one is it?

Its annoying having you consider me the enemy here half the time as if I'm trying to rain on your parade or ruin your fun. Have you ever thought that your experience might be significantly more satisfying if you took my advice and the advice of others on this board?

As for loud, buy cheap parts and crank them up and you'll start to learn real quick what distortion and panel resonance sounds like, and you might also learn the hard way what clipping is and what voice coils smell like. Its not a pleasant sound, and its fatiguing to listen to at moderate to high volumes. Get in my car and listen to my sound system and you'll realize that you can crank it up as loud as you want for hours on end and not get fatigued by the sound.

Now, for a piece of advice you might actually take, find amps that are CEA-2006 certified. It will list them as such. CEA-2006 certification states that the amplifier can deliver its rated power without clipping and under a certain level of distortion at 14.4V. Amps that don't meet the certification are overrated and can't deliver that power without significant distortion and clipping. Clipping by the way is a one way ticket to subwoofer death.

Better than that Pyramid shit.

Pyramid is worse than Sony. I've seen "3000w" Pyramids that didn't put out clean 300w. Yes, that's three hundred.

Better than that Pyramid shit.

Pyramid is worse than Sony. I've seen "3000w" Pyramids that didn't put out clean 300w. Yes, that's three hundred.

I have heard decent things about Cadence, not so much about Jensen, although some people I know swear by them for budget power.

yeah, im gonna go with that 5 channel instead of a crappy monoblock and 4 channel

but which one...the jensen or cadence? the cadence specs look better...but idk

I love how you're annoyed at everyone trying to help, calling them immature, yet in this whole thread even Anthony has been way more mature than you. Actually, I don't think anyone except for you has been immature in this whole thread.

Also, my $.02, I would never touch sony car audio unless it was extremely hard, with a baseball bat.

You can get a decent Pioneer, JVC, or similar for cheap

I would start with a HU, decent amp, and decent sub. That's all I have in my sedan and it sounds great on otherwise stock stuff, and I'm doing what you did, making it sound better/louder without spending a ton of money. I had all the stuff lying around, but even then my total cost was

Sub/amp/box combo ~$100

HU $50

wiring kit and harness ~$30

Wow. I'll weigh in on this later, but if you're just going to get mad at people trying to help, please think before asking any more questions here.