• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• BXX

• Twenty

• Venom

GR's may wear out faster than the stockers, but the Sensa-Tracs are complete garbage

I was hoping to hear about those, as I've heard they were an alternative. sounds like unless I wanna spend way too much (which I don't), it's looking like GR2s?

The AGX isn't made for our cars. Our only options for 1st gen w-bodies are the GR2/Excel G, Sensatrac, and Gabriel Ultra. So take your pick between crappy, bad, and horrible. The only other thing you can do, which maybe you are interested in as you seem to be maxing everything out, is to purchase Koni race cartridges and have the body of your old shock machined to accept the cartridge. The car will have to be lowered as the Konis are short, but that won't be a problem with coilovers.

how exactly does the strut housing have to be modified. seems like there is not a ton of material to work with if it has to be bored out.

and what aboutt he rears? are the konis direct bolt on for the rear?

how exactly does the strut housing have to be modified. seems like there is not a ton of material to work with if it has to be bored out.

and what aboutt he rears? are the konis direct bolt on for the rear?

I was talking about the rears. They have to have the top cut off to length and the body threaded for a cap like the one on the front struts.

I was talking about the rears. They have to have the top cut off to length and the body threaded for a cap like the one on the front struts.

Yup!

Not like its hard really. Just you have to take the gutted strut housings to a machine shop to get threaded for the proper cap.

huh. so you cut a chunck off the top of the existing strut, and drop in a cartridge like the front takes?

Not a chunk, just cut it open at the very top, remove the strut housings guts, install insert like the front, tighten up nut, enjoy:thumbsup:

For the front sway bar, inner bushings, use these..

For the outside bushings, use these..

For a Gen 1.5 22mm rear sway bar, order another set of 9.5158, for the inner bushings, order in some new ones from like Napa with the bracket or just use the junkyard ones like I have.

laterals x4 - check

lower control arm - check

inner and outer front sway - check

outer rear sway - check

inner rear sway - order from napa/JY

(FFP dogbone - check :lol: )

Sound correct?

laterals x4 - check

lower control arm - check

inner and outer front sway - check

outer rear sway - check

inner rear sway - order from napa/JY

(FFP dogbone - check :lol: )

Sound correct?

so the only thing left to get is gen 2 lateral links, and a gen 1.5 rear sway bar. Everything else is either in my garage, in BXX's garage, or will be in BXX's garage once he makes them :lol: