adjustable rear trailing and lateral arms 1st gen w-body

Mach 5

bumpo.

Price too high? no interest?

Im prolly gonna pull my CS into the garage tonight, get measurements, cut the tube steel, and test fit the trailing arms tonight to have them ready for welding. If I get brave ill deal with the lateral arms tonight, but I wanna wait a week so I can get the proper adjusters shipped in that I wanna use.

hey what if you were to weld the heim joints to the rod and fab up an adjuster in the middle to make it a little easier?

Huh?? Welding the heim to the rod is a bad idea, as there is no way to replace the rod end when it does decided to finally wear out. Much like you wouldnt weld tie rod ends together:lol:

I have 4 adjusters on the way right now with a order I put in Friday for the lateral arms. The trailing arm, if any adjustment is actually needed, there is plenty and easy to do without actual adjusters. After playing with the rear suspension on my car, even with heavy lowering, trailing arms adjustment doesnt seem to be needed at all.

See the link to the FS thread, in the last posts I have prices for everything listed. I already sold 1 set of trailing arms (he wanted the QA1 XM chromoly rod ends which I ordered)

The adjuster will be at the end near the wheel, just like how the Gen 2 toe adjuster is. It will make aligning the car super easy. Hell I want to get a set made for myself and get them on asap so I can get my rear toe where I want it. My Gen 2 rear arms are heavily rusted and the damn toe adjuster is seized:lol:

idk just saying but they look sweet I am def going to pick a set up soon I can guarantee that since I just finished the car all I got left which I am waiting to arrive is my radiator which has a very slow leak held together by some JB Weld. I really do like them arms they look strong remind me of the ones on my father Mini from Alta

Ok sweet.

I can take a pic tomorrow with what it will look like with the adjusters in place to give you a good idea.

Also, I highly recommend getting the 3/4" rod ends. Reason being is it allows me to use the high misalignment spacers that have enough meat to be drilled/machined out to use the stock hardware:thumbsup: Im waiting on a email back from my supplier as to weather or not they can maching them for the stock metric hardware (saves me time reaming them out if im even able to)

Although buying new 5/8" hardware from Lowes isnt expensive and prolly a smart idea opposed to rusty hardware:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I took a complete set of spindle and latter rods (from center of the vehicle to the wheel) from a 04 impala and put polly incerts in them and powder coated them on my 93.

William

Same here, but Ive bend two of the spindle rods already.

You bent them?

Yeah... The poly in the arms doesnt work too well when it comes to movement through jounce and rebound. It does bind, you cant get away from that with how our Geometry is. With the super stiff poly bushings and the fact the stock arms arent actually all that stong (but better than Gen 1 stock) and the arms like to flex. On the upside of things, for now im leaving it cause my rear alignment is dead in spec. Before the arm bent, my alignment was out, but the adjusters were too seized to move, so it bent just enough to bring my damn toe back in:lol:

Come spring, they are coming off and hitting the scrap pile. Ill go with the setup im doing and not worry about bind or bending or squeaking. I can live it the roughness of rod ends, as I can pick and chose my spring rate to soften the blows and I eventually wanna go with Konis so I can run a super stiff spring, but adjust the strut to maintain very nice street manners.