New TGP owner - need some help

Johnnystats

Thanks - it seems to be pretty clean - a few things that would need to be worked on, but for the most part - it seems to be well taken care of. Let's just hope I didnt over pay for it :)

As for the condensation in the tail lights... The only real fix is to find good junkyard replacements

I have washed them out with water and cleaned them up. hair dryer gets out the moisture. then gasket sealer to keep the water out.

it came out looking pretty good.

delamination is a different story.

replace the flasher with an electronic flasher, not the tin mechanical flasker thats it there now. 3 brake pedal pushes per pump run is quite acceptable.

If you want to reseal the taillights with the original stuff, it's called butyl. Often sold in tape form (Amazon.com has a huge selection). It never completely hardens.

Thanks everyone for their help. I have another question. Today, I just drove it around my development for maybe 5 - 10 minutes. I had it idling for a little bit. After I shut off the car, and was outside - I could smell antifreeze. Nothing terrible, but I could smell it. No lights came on, no smoke, no nothing. Again, I am trying to remember the car is 20 years old - is that normal?