03 GRAND PRIX WRECK - HELP

GP4U2NV

[Ring, ring, ring]

GP4U2NV's Wife: Hello??

Breakdown: Hi, it's Breakdown.

GP4U2NV's Wife: Okay?

Breakdown: Um, I forget your husband's name, but he has a picture that I want.

GP4U2NV's Wife: Listen, this has to be quick, I have a crying newborn and a seriously hurt husband that I'm on the way out of the door to visit in the hospital.

Breakdown: Okay, there's a picture of AJAM in your house, and I need you to bring it down to the Red Roof Inn North Dayton.

GP4U2NV's Wife: WHAT???

Breakdown: It's right infront of BXX Evans.

GP4U2NV's Wife: I gotta go I don't have time for this crap.

Later that day:

GP4U2NV's Wife: Some Breaking guy phoned about bringing AJAM to BXX Evans, I think it was a stupid joke or something.

GP4U2NV: Oh crap!! Can you go home pick up the picture, drive it to the Red Roof Inn and BXX Evans sounds great, pick some of that up for me, this crap in here is horrible!

Hope you feel better! No baby pics yet? I was kinda hoping that that was one of those lawyers' pics to help you get insurance monies for fake injuries, I hope that neck's fine.

So close to real I can not beleive it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP4U2NV

• AL

• Crazy K

• Night Fury

Your at WORK!!! WITH ALL THAT YOU LISTED!!! I ENVY YOU!!! Wow, that is incredible

I have a very limited amount of stuff I am allowed to do.

Basicly, sit do paperwork and answer phones.

Not my normal with shop dutys.

I have a very limited amount of stuff I am allowed to do.

Basicly, sit do paperwork and answer phones.

Not my normal with shop dutys.

Any help on stating my case would be great.

I have to call the adjuster today.

Just so everyone is up to date.

They have said that the other guys progressive has accepted and it liab. So there is no deductable at this time.

The car is a 03 GT sedan, with all options except s/c engine and hud.

I got it in sept 14 2009 and have the following major repairs:

New 1900 mile 08 G/P engine

rear bumper repaint

Tinted windows 3 weeks ago

car completely buffed out

What should I say or not say today when I talk to the adjuster?

I would tell them that the car was mint and you should be paid to replace exactly that... You can tell the condition of the car by looking at the rest of it... How much to buy it back? I want a parts car

Start by telling them that you think the price offered is low. You looked around at similar cars in comparison and have not found any that cheap. Then tell them you also just put a bunch of money into the car, and have receipts ready to show them for the work that was done.

To help, here are some comparable cars:

2002 GT 94k $9995

2003 GT 103k $9995

2001 GT 122k $8998

2002 GT 126k $8728

2003 GT 105k $8600

How much did you pay for the car? you had it less than one year and might also be able to argue that they can pay you no less than what you paid for it as it shouldn't really have depreciated in value in less than a year...

In terms of vehicle value.

I would value my 2003 GT @ $5,500 - $6,000 Cdn, that's with 18" rims and S/E interior, I'm short HUD, L67, and temp/compass mirror for the full load. Less mileage, but also not a new powertrain.

It's not apples to apples, but it's a nice car to a nice car. Grand Prix's are NOT holding their values up here, the only thing that you have on your side is that when you buy you have to pay taxes, etc. etc.

I'm hoping that you were at least out while they reset your nose??? If that's already done. Because those freezing neddles up your nose hurt like a mutherfocker!! Next time I'm just going to tell them to reset it without freezing it and to kick me in the groin to distract me!

And to Al who marvels at being back at work.

Dude, when someone's trapped in Dayton with their cat all plugged up and there's not anyone with awesomeness working at GM to help fix it, I don't care if he's on life support, blinking to communicate and having people use the defribulator on them every hour, he has to be there!

Seriously that's hardcore!! I'm hoping you get better soon.

How much did you pay for the car? you had it less than one year and might also be able to argue that they can pay you no less than what you paid for it as it shouldn't really have depreciated in value in less than a year...

Ill just go with.......

I got it really cheap. Engine was blown and other items needed repairs.

I say agree to $5300... then tell them $250k for injuries.... your neck looks like its in a lot of pain.

All seriousness, I hope you are OK and have a full recovery. I am sorry to see your car smashed up like that.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you'll be okay. Were you wearing a seatbelt? It seems like you got an awful lot of injuries for the minor amount of damage the cabin took.

You can always argue with the insurance companies. I couldn't get the same numbers you got from either kbb.com or nadaguides.com, but however you got them, I'd fax that to them. They'll probably budge easily the first time.

KBB is junk... its about as reliable as the Enquirer. If you want fair market value, jump on autotrader and find some dealerships around you and price them out. That is the market value of the car. Presenting Ads for replacement cars proves more how much it'll cost to replace the car.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you'll be okay. Were you wearing a seatbelt? It seems like you got an awful lot of injuries for the minor amount of damage the cabin took.

You can always argue with the insurance companies. I couldn't get the same numbers you got from either kbb.com or nadaguides.com, but however you got them, I'd fax that to them. They'll probably budge easily the first time.

Yes I was wearing a seat belt.

I hit a monte carlo 1985 almost head on.

Were all those injuries from the airbag?!?!

My stepdad has argued prices with the insurance companies several times, and one thing they do NOT care about is what Joe Sixpack or some dealer are trying to sell similar cars for. All they were willing to take into consideration is the value according to some book (usually NADA).

Just an update.

I have contacted my adjuster and faxed them 17 g/p's and the options that are missing on each of them.

He said he would re-eval the value and get back to me today.

Remember not to use lube on the broomstick you are shoving up his ass! :thumbsup: good luck!

At this point, first and foremost, I would ask them what they're basing the car's value on. Not only does it not match what similar cars are selling for in your area (which they can argue is not an accurate reflection since the seller can make up any price s/he wants), but it's not even close to what NADA or KBB state as the established value. So....where did they get the initial $5,300 figure from, and what was the decision to push it up to $5,800 based on since it still doesn't reflect any established values?

Next, I think it's time to start introducing what YOU want for the car. I don't know what you have in mind as to what you think you can get from it, but I'd start at $8,000 under the premise that it is in between what KBB and NADA say the car is worth, and right in line with what a replacement car would cost you to purchase. Naturally, they're going to say no way in hell, as it is there job to give you the least amount possible, and to accomplish this goal, they're going to make it sound like it's impossible for them to give you any more money for the car. You will have to go back and forth with them several times, and do not be afraid to speak to the adjuster's boss if you are not happy with the totals they are giving you. It's all part of the game, no different than when you're negotiating a price on a car at the dealer. I am hoping after all the back and forth haggling, by the time everything is said and done (and they WILL finally get fed up and just want the case overwith), you'll be left with around $6,500. Then you can decide if it would be worth it to buy the car back and part it out.

Be persistent!! If you want more money, you have to fight like hell for it, because they're sure going to fight like hell to keep it from you! Again, here's the post I originally linked to outlining how my ordeal went. I'd urge you to read through it so you have some kind of an idea of what you're up against.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/41233