03 GRAND PRIX WRECK - HELP

GP4U2NV

bill2.jpg

bill4.jpg

bill1.jpg

I was in a wreck August 27th. I was not at fault. The other guy has been ticketed. I had to call my insuance to get the ball rolling on the rental, medical bill etc. We have the same insurace Progressive. The car is totaled. I have been offered $5300 for the car.

The car 2003 with all options except HUD and L67. Has new engine L26 installed with 1900 miles and 6k since install. The car is for the most part perfect. (OR WAS). Car has 116000 miles.

KKB has the car at 8900

NADA has it at 7200.

The dealership that I work at stated that it would be on the lot for $7200 ASKING PRICE.

Any and all adivce is needed in how to proceed.

Edited by LukeZ34
Fixed image links

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP4U2NV

• AL

• Crazy K

• Night Fury

bill2.jpg

bill4.jpg

bill1.jpg

I was in a wreck August 27th. I was not at fault. The other guy has been ticketed. I had to call my insuance to get the ball rolling on the rental, medical bill etc. We have the same insurace Progressive. The car is totaled. I have been offered $5300 for the car.

The car 2003 with all options except HUD and L67. Has new engine L26 installed with 1900 miles and 6k since install. The car is for the most part perfect. (OR WAS). Car has 116000 miles.

KKB has the car at 8900

NADA has it at 7200.

The dealership that I work at stated that it would be on the lot for $7200 ASKING PRICE.

Any and all adivce is needed in how to proceed.

Fixed the pics for ya. That sucks man :( Any pics of how the car looks now? I'd think you could get a bit more than only $5300

Fixed the pics for ya. That sucks man :( Any pics of how the car looks now? I'd think you could get a bit more than only $5300

Actually, they want to total it. That is how it looks now.

hense 5300.00

Edited by GP4U2NV

You do NOT have to accept their first offer, nor SHOULD you. Think of it this way. When an insurance company totals out your car, they are basically purchasing it off you (in other words, you're basically like a dealer at this point). Subsequently, negotiations will pursue on what your car is worth. Now most people aren't aware of this, and that is what the insurance company is banking on. They throw out a low ball figure, you don't know any better, and you end up making the insurance company's day by taking the offer.

I went through this a little over a year ago when my current GTP got totaled, and I posted about everything that happened/I experienced in the thread below, along with pointers on how to fight the insurance company. Top of page 2 gives a run down on my argument for why they should give me more. Hopefully it can help you do battle.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/41233

You need to print off comparable cars for sale in the area (around the same year, miles, options, and condition), and show them that you cannot buy the same car for $5300.

But truthfully, I wouldn't pay more than $5k for ANY 2nd gen Grand Prix.

I would fight them for more money. You say it has a L26 in it with 6k on it? Got Receipts? You can use those to push for extra expenses incurred above and beyond the cost of the car when purchased recently, and before their useful life.

I would first negotiate the value of the car up using comparable cars in the area, and you should hopefully be able to get them up into the $6000-6500 range, and then once you have that, ask about the recent engine replacement you paid for and provide receipts for them and ask for compensation for that as well. You may be able to get more than book value for it this way. If you did new tires or brakes or anything else, and have the receipts to prove it, I would also toss them in too.

Glad you are OK (for the most part) The car can be replaced.

We basically have the exact same car... Mine has 113k but same options, I changed the wheels otherwise they would be the polished TQ... I know you can get more... Hell Ill post mine up for sale at a high price and you can show them the link lol

Nope. Long recovery ahead.

[Ring, ring, ring]

GP4U2NV's Wife: Hello??

Breakdown: Hi, it's Breakdown.

GP4U2NV's Wife: Okay?

Breakdown: Um, I forget your husband's name, but he has a picture that I want.

GP4U2NV's Wife: Listen, this has to be quick, I have a crying newborn and a seriously hurt husband that I'm on the way out of the door to visit in the hospital.

Breakdown: Okay, there's a picture of AJAM in your house, and I need you to bring it down to the Red Roof Inn North Dayton.

GP4U2NV's Wife: WHAT???

Breakdown: It's right infront of BXX Evans.

GP4U2NV's Wife: I gotta go I don't have time for this crap.

Later that day:

GP4U2NV's Wife: Some Breaking guy phoned about bringing AJAM to BXX Evans, I think it was a stupid joke or something.

GP4U2NV: Oh crap!! Can you go home pick up the picture, drive it to the Red Roof Inn and BXX Evans sounds great, pick some of that up for me, this crap in here is horrible!

Hope you feel better! No baby pics yet? I was kinda hoping that that was one of those lawyers' pics to help you get insurance monies for fake injuries, I hope that neck's fine.

Can I ask what injuries you have?

Broken nose

Broken septuim (sp)

torn ligament

neck

shoulder

wrist

upper back

40 stichs

deveated septuim

scares or plastic surgery

I am sure there is more........ But I am at work and typing between busy spurts.