Found!!! 89 TGP in Junkyard

94GPGTP

So today i decided to go to the yard with steve (swift13) and i found a TGP.. PM3 was gone already.. I ended up grabbing from it the Eprom,Turbo,X-over,Vaccum Clip (not for sale), Gauge cluster, charger pipe coupling and clamps.. I also walked around and found a Valance from a 91-93.. Grabbed that too.. $132.00 out the door.. Im going back tomorrow since i took the day off and grabbing the rear manifold, Passenger fender, Leather seat skins, and Misc things from it.. If anything is needed LMK cuz tomorrow is really the only day ill be going back to get things and i have the day off becasue of this TGP..:think::roll::biggrin:

Turbo is like NEW.. no shaft play in or out and no side to side.. X-over is totally junk the one end isnt even connected anymore the heatshield is holding it in.. Good canidate for a rebuild..

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Cool find! How is the hood on it? I would like to find a hood with vent cutouts to repaint for my 91. Also if it has any nice original tan floormats I would be interested in the rears and drivers front.

Cool find! How is the hood on it? I would like to find a hood with vent cutouts to repaint for my 91. Also if it has any nice original tan floormats I would be interested in the rears and drivers front.

The hood seems to be in good shape.. The front lip is starting to bubble.. Im not a fan of rust so once i see rust or signs of rust i walk away or forget it if im looking for replacement panels.. Floor mats if there is any are in 2 inches of water.. So I really dont know if you waould want them?? I do in fact have a spare TGP one that runs all the way across the rear floorboard if intrested..

Cool find, but I kinda doubt it's a pace car. Sticker placement is off from the actual car that paced the race. I think I've seen another one(maybe same car?) with identical sticker placement for sale before. I'll have to dig through my old photos.

EDIT: Could you make out the build date in person? I can't tell what it shows from the picture of that sticker. Maybe "7/89" at the top? The bottom date that lists the month/day/year is the one I'm the most interested in.

Edited by mfewtrail

Wanna sell the junk xover and/or manifolds??

I am rebuilding the x-over.. im grabbing the rear manifold today.. My plan was to sell it to the beretta crue to make a good buck..

• 3 weeks later...

To bump this thread up..RareGMFan and I went to this yard today and this car was still there...pretty much stripped, probably mostly by the thread starter haha :P

For those interested, I jotted down the VIN. 1G5WP14VKF322813