12 inch brake upgrade

DrBuick

I'm new here. I upgraded my '99 GS from 11" front rotors to 12" about 5 years ago. Now I also have a '02 GS that I want to do the same thing to. I need the part # for the caliper brackets. I know these came stock on some Olds Intrigues but Rock Auto.com doesn't list two different ones for the 11 and 12" rotors. Anybody know what the Intrigue 12" caliper bracket part # is? Thanks!

I'm not sure about the part number, but if they're asking for a year make sure to use 1998 and it should be listed as heavy duty brake package or something, instead of the normal. Just found it... it's the JA9 rpo code option if you look up 98 Intrigue.

You could also look it up for the Impala LS and Monte Carlo SS as well. I know they both got the 12" as well, but I think they got it all through 2000-2005, but I could be wrong. Not sure about the base models of either though

Thanks Guys. I did find a part # 12498646 for the bracket but GMpartsdirect says that's not a good # anymore. I will try the 2000+ Impala lead.

I think that part number is the bracket and caliper?

I think that the bracket number is:

front brake caliper P/N 18029829 - 2 - Bracket

Here's a kit for ~$300:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=12498644

GM PART # 12498644

CATEGORY: All

PACK QTY: 1

CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $364.80

OUR PRICE: $303.51

DESCRIPTION: Brake Upgrade Kit (12" rotors)

For use on 1999 -2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 -2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 -2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. This kit includes caliper mounting brackets, 12 inch rotors and high performance front brake pads. This brake package improves driver feel and feedback. Technical Notes: High Performance Brake Pads generate higher temperatures and can warp rotors if not allowed to sufficiently cool between severe uses. This brake package will not fit with stock crosslaced wheels. The spare tire may not fit on the front of vehicle with brake upgrade. Monte Carlo and Impala may have this brake package installed stock.

This kit includes the following items listed by part number quantity and description:

P/N 18046666 - 2 - Pin kit,

front brake caliper guide P/N 18024959 - 2 - Bushing kit,

front brake caliper P/N 18029829 - 2 - Bracket,

front brake caliper P/N 18060640 - 2 - Rotor,

front brake P/N 18029828 - 1 - Pad kit,

front disc brake

12498644.jpg

would those brakes fit on my 97 cutlass with stock alloys?

no, you have a 1.5 gen.

really? i thought 1.5 gen was the same as OBD 1.5 or whatever, what makes it a ".5" and not a 1 or 2 gen?

• 1 month later...