Unique or custom hoods out there?

Wheels

Hey all. I'm new to this particular site and i've been trying to search for someone who has bought or created a custom hood for their GP. I've seen one GP prix with a ram air style hood before and i wasn't sure if that was custom or could be purchased. It didn't look too bad but it seems a bit big for our style of car. Is there something out there more low profile....for example, the ram air style found on older Firehawks? (Pictures posted below) Can someone post pictures of their custom hoods or direct me to any links that show them or for purchase?

Thanks. :biggrin:

Looking for something like this style......http://www.lt1.net/images/Firehawk/Hawk3.jpg

Grand Prix Ram Air Hood.....http://clubweb.interbaun.com/~fx/GM%2088-96%20Grand%20Prix%20Front.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• xtremerevolution

• Wheels

• Garrett Powered

Sig still too big

Signature Guidelines:

SIGNATURE PHOTO SIZE: Maximum 600 length x 150 Pixels height in JPG/JPEG Format ONLY.  No animated, no flash media, etc

May have more than one photo, as long as the CUMULATIVE SIZE is 600 x 150 or less.

MAXIMUM SIGNATURE SIZE: 9 Text Lines, standard sized (under 14 pt) plus the photo.

blankers2.jpg

W-body.com Forum Rules and Guidelines

NO Inappropriate signatures.  Keep the language civilized (no foul language) and keep the photo car oriented.

NO Politically charged themes of any kind, this includes text and pictures in both signatures and avatars.

If a moderator views an offense, the signature will be removed, without warning, IMMEDIATELY. Repeat offenders will be warned or suspended as needed (see section on probation's and bannination's).

Where are the moderators today? geez! :lol:

Jamie

Haha, some ideas seem to crack me up. I dont mind putting a gtp hood on the car.....as a matter of fact, there are about 3 gtp hoods at a local salvage yard that i could choose from. But i just wanted to see if there was another option out there. I don't like the ram air fx hood because its huge. I guess i'll just have to be creative or just purchase a gtp hood.

a 91 gtp hood. the longer louvers look way better. I just got mine on but need to go snap a pic or two so I can post it. TGP style would be the correct term for this however.

finally got a shot of mine now that the rain stopped for a sec.

add a 3rd 88 that is almost kind of famous. :smile: the "barn find 88 gpse" now with hood louvers!

DSCN0100.jpg