Operation Fix GTP is underway *new pix pg. 3*

9lumina6

The above posts were talking about doors but now I see hes talking to Galen...

Theres a silver GT in my yard with a good fender if you get desperate, they would probably take $75 and I could bring it to Ohio in Jan...

What year is it?? If it's 97-00 than it's my color......if its 01-03 it's a different silver.

• 4 months later...

Got my New fender and my GTX hood back from the body shop. As most of you know, back in November I hit a 6 point Buck at 60mph on the interstate just before I put the car away for the winter.

Some pics.

GalensPics119.jpg

GalensPics120.jpg

Never had the rocker cover off before....and This is why this car does not go thru winters!!!

GalensPics121.jpg

Hood & fender all painted ready to go back on.

GalensPics122.jpg

GalensPics123.jpg

The new door all stripped down of the interior pannel and wiring harness. Ready to go on.

GalensPics125.jpg

Went to theInsurance office & DMV today and got everything switched over to NY again and got new Tags so it'd all ready to rock & roll once it's back together monday or tuesday.

GalensPics124.jpg

She's coming along! Glad to see the damage was just cosmetic.

How does the new paint look, does it match?

I havent held the new parts up to the car yet to be honest.....but the same guy thatre-finished & painted my spoiler back in the fall did the hood and fender...and used the exact same batch of paint he still had leftover from the spoiler...and that matched 98%...so I'm sure itl be fine.

No problem dude! I am waiting for pics of it all back together!

In due time. Dave has been helping out w/ getting it all back together. He's down in NYC for the weekend....but hopefully monday evening we will have the exterior finished/all lined up and the wiring harness fed back thru the new door......then Tuesday I can put the interior pannel back together.

Nice! It looks like the paint matches pretty well too.

Yeah suprisingly the pieces match very good. Not perfict....but for having the hood/fender w/ new paint...and the new door off another car.....it all comes together very nicely. You REALLY have to try to look for the color variences, and even then it's hard to notice.

Looking good! Do you have to go through any BS with the title or is it still good and clear?

Still good and clear. :biggrin: Because I still had a Florida tag & title on the car at the time of the accident...something w/ how their total loss laws are different than NY. The car got totaled...but the Florida title never got branded. I just went to the DMV on Friday and gave them my Florida title and transfered everything over to NY....Got NY plates, and they will be sending me my Clean NYS title in a few weeks.

Tomorrow night I will put that door back together and you can take the stripes off; I'll bring my heat gun over. It's almost done!

Hell yeah! See if you can't bring yer buffer over too so we can get that new door just as smooth & shiney as the rest of the car :)

Need to grab a couple of pads and some compound too...haha you know where that's coming from!

Just consider it a little going away gift from them. :lol: