Operation Fix GTP is underway *new pix pg. 3*

9lumina6

Just got a door from another silvermist 2000 GTP 4dr today. The car was abandoned with a blown motor and no key's title.....and one of the guys on the local GP forum is friends w/ the ppl that have the parts car.....so took a ride out and got the door.

No rust on that parts car car at all..........it's a PA car (just like my GTP)...still has the PA inspection stickers in it.

GTPs139.jpg

GTPs140.jpg

i got all winter to work on it since its stored........but i couldnt pass up this door.......comes w/ the mirror and glass. I'll have to change out the Lock Cylinder, and the interior pannel....the interior pannel on this door is kinda beet. Whoever had this car did not take care of the interior. Also........wiring the wires back together will be a bitch....but should all match color coded....i would assume Same year, 4 dr....i dont see y it wont work.

Just unplug all of the connectors off your current door, and pull the harness out of the hole between the hinges.

When you install the new door, feed the harness into the new door and plug everything back in.

There should be no wire cutting / splicing at all if the cars were optioned the same.

well if has a connector in the door jam thats even easier.

If not you'll have to unplug everything individually with the door panel off. (windows regs, lock solenoids, power mirror etc)

well if has a connector in the door jam thats even easier.

If not you'll have to unplug everything individually with the door panel off. (windows regs, lock solenoids, power mirror etc)

The ONLY thing that is different is that this door has a Bose factory speaker....and my GTP has a regular factory speaker..........idk if the wiring would be any different.

And as for the fender.......it was scratched a bit (something swiped it by the corner light)....and there was a noticable dent in it.........i got all winter to find one.

Glad you found a door in the same color. Im on the search for a new door as well and know there is no chance in hell I will find one the same color.

i could have swore that i seen one at the east side pull a part

small thing with the gp i'm going tomorrow i'll look and try to take pics

Glad you found a door in the same color. Im on the search for a new door as well and know there is no chance in hell I will find one the same color.

i could have swore that i seen one at the east side pull a part

small thing with the gp i'm going tomorrow i'll look and try to take pics

It was a 4 door.. And the wrong tone. There are 5 alternates used by GM for that paint.. i.e 5 different tones. Hard to tell them apart unless you can compare them..

The above posts were talking about doors but now I see hes talking to Galen...

Theres a silver GT in my yard with a good fender if you get desperate, they would probably take $75 and I could bring it to Ohio in Jan...