before i go kill the people at midas i have a question (FIXED)

jake91

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• xtremerevolution

• RobertISaar

• Night Fury

While we are on the topic of Brakes...I've taken the liberty of posting the rotor specs direct from Alldata. If they are still within spec, then it should be alright. If they are below spec, then I would be demanding that they be replaced. (should have been done at the time of service, but that's hindsight)

They are referred to as sealed units. They're a pain in the fucking dick to work with which is probably why he told her it didn't need any work.

so its probably like a transfer case, and most manuals in that it uses a sight plug to fill it/check the level?

While we are on the topic of Brakes...I've taken the liberty of posting the rotor specs direct from Alldata. If they are still within spec, then it should be alright. If they are below spec, then I would be demanding that they be replaced. (should have been done at the time of service, but that's hindsight)

awesome. i will have to check that

ya if it's a 99 GA it's probably the same as my 99 Bu, it was the same deal, I didn't even have a dipstick on mine iirc, it was pretty gay if u ask me... I remember asking about it when I bought the car, and the dealer gave me some shpeal like it being a maintanence free or some shit, idk... it ran fine to 145k til I got rid of it.

ya if it's a 99 GA it's probably the same as my 99 Bu, it was the same deal, I didn't even have a dipstick on mine iirc, it was pretty gay if u ask me... I remember asking about it when I bought the car, and the dealer gave me some shpeal like it being a maintanence free or some shit, idk... it ran fine to 145k til I got rid of it.

to a dealer and the manufacturer 100K is what they expect the life of the vehicle to be, so yeah, i guess it would be fill for life if you weren't anal about maintnence. i would be pissed to have to check and fill it that way... or i'd add a dipstick tube.

This thread is full of :facepalm: . Sorry Jake. To have your car serviced properly, either do it your self, or tell your mom to GTFO and tell off the dicks until what needs done is done.

I'll give you $10 if you get a decent brake job and your tires balanced and car aligned or wtf ever needed done by the end of may without getting your ass handed to you

no im not getting the 10 because im going to be in il untill the 30th. like i said the alignment problem turned out to be a tire pull. all i need to do is talk them into giving me new front rotors

EXACTLY! That's what I was saying! Don't let car problems pile up like that, it just makes shit worse...

usually a cheap car sale is soon followed.

2ABodsMC: Shhhh, i want a vert...

EXACTLY! That's what I was saying! Don't let car problems pile up like that, it just makes shit worse...

usually a cheap car sale is soon followed.

2ABodsMC: Shhhh, i want a vert...

;)

im not selling this car for atleast 5 years. i mean its just brakes. i have 6K in this car already

you say that now, but wait until some very small yet incredibly annoying problem comes up, you'll be happy to get rid of it then.

Did I read correctly? Did you just say "JUST BRAKES"? JUST BRAKES!??!!? Have you ever tried driving without them? I can arrange that if you'd like...

NO. i worded that wrong. what i was saying is that its just one thing to deal with, and as it is the car stops great. way better than it ever has