before i go kill the people at midas i have a question (FIXED)

jake91

shit with that kinda attitude I'd definately be calling corporate offices, that's total BS, try to find a shop that's not franchise, you typically get treated better there and they tend to be more trustworthy once you build a relationship with them. I got a couple around here that sometimes do stuff for free if it's easy enough. Hell one guy did my struts for $250 in the white prix when it woulda cost me about $200 just for the struts alone.

i normaly go to premier automotive in tempe, and that shop owner is awesome. he is a friend of a freind of a freind who started his own shop because he didnt like how other shops he worked at made him break parts, and sell uneeded stuff. he put 50 hours of work looking for a sound in my moms car, but didnt charge her because he never was able to figure out what it was.

50 hours of work? That's more than a whole week's work, and not charging for it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• xtremerevolution

• RobertISaar

• Night Fury

yep each of the 4 guys at the shop plus the owner put around 8 hours in it. the swaped in and out a rack and pinon, tie rods, tore the interior out, ect, and couldnt figure out what was wrong. so he just didnt charge us. just for the cost of all new brakes,and a water pump. it also might have to do with just 2 weeks earlier we had him do an engine swap, but he was just determined to find the sound. because he kept calling us saying can i please keep the car another day. i really want to know what this sound is.

oh and also i took my car back to napa where i had my alignment done. and after being called an idiot by the guy a few times. i found out it was just a tire pull. oh well im probably getting new wheels next year anyway

oh and also i took my car back to napa where i had my alignment done. and after being called an idiot by the guy a few times. i found out it was just a tire pull. oh well im probably getting new wheels next year anyway

man you take a lot more shit from employees than I ever would... You can't let them talk to you like that, you're the damn customer.

man you take a lot more shit from employees than I ever would... You can't let them talk to you like that, you're the damn customer.

x2!!

Especially with chains. If someone treats you wrong or not according to their code, hell will rain down on them when the district manager hears about it. The customer is ALWAYS right.

Speak softly and carry a big stick, but know how to use it as well.

Well he has said already how he is content with undercut rotors, I don't care if they are "fine" that could fail a safety inspection up here, as well as warp to bejesious and back in very short order.

so that said, why not let a alignment tech talk down to you. have you rotated your tires yet to see if he was actually telling the truth?

This thread is absolutely mindblowing. Grow a pair before you take your car in for service next time. Better yet, take your car to me so I can talk down to you and convince you that the car is too unsafe to drive and that you should just leave it here with me.

well i got after that guy but my mom got after me then LOL that just how that guy was. he told one guy he didnt know how to check his oil, and he told me that unless my eyes are better than a computer i was wrong. :rolleyes:

Well he has said already how he is content with undercut rotors, I don't care if they are "fine" that could fail a safety inspection up here, as well as warp to bejesious and back in very short order.

so that said, why not let a alignment tech talk down to you. have you rotated your tires yet to see if he was actually telling the truth?

yes it is now pulling to the right, and also im not content with the undercut rotors. im just dealing with. because i know im not getting new brake with out it costing me

also ive posted about my mom in this thread a few time. so dont get the wrong impression of her. she is just the type of person who has a mindset of if its working dont mess with it, and that and me bothering her about brakes and not doing what she wanted in the first place has made her a little sore on this topic. mainly because she wanted to take her car on vacation and have me do the brakes when we got back. but i got a wild hair up my ass and wanted to take the convertible.

also ive posted about my mom in this thread a few time. so dont get the wrong impression of her. she is just the type of person who has a mindset of if its working dont mess with it, and that and me bothering her about brakes and not doing what she wanted in the first place has made her a little sore on this topic. mainly because she wanted to take her car on vacation and have me do the brakes when we got back. but i got a wild hair up my ass and wanted to take the convertible.

That type of mindset will have you paying twice as much for car repairs over the ownership of a vehicle as a result of the lack of preventative maintenance. Shit like changing your green coolant at least every 50,000 miles or dexcool every 100k, replacing the UIM on a Series 2 3800, or replacing the sleeves, bolts, and bushings on your calipers whenever you do your pads or rotors so they don't seize up or wear unevenly. Sure the upper intake manifold will cost you $200 in parts and 2 hours of labor, but its better than waiting for your engine to hydrolock. Sure the hardware will cost you $20 extra per axle, but its better than needing to have calipers replaced, especially when it takes only 10 minutes per wheel to replace them. $5 for injector o-rings saves you from an engine fire. I can go on all day long.

yeah she knows. atleast her car has fresh oil every 2500 miles, but the spark plugs and transfluid are original at 108K

yeah she knows. atleast her car has fresh oil every 2500 miles, but the spark plugs and transfluid are original at 108K

Trans fluid should be replaced every 90k IIRC. I would definitely get that done asap.

IMO 2500 miles is a bit early. I would do it every 3000 or 3500.

she normaly changes the oil between 2500-3500, and the trans is a sealed unit thats why it hasnt been change. did you not catch that the spark plugs are original :lol:

she normaly changes the oil between 2500-3500, and the trans is a sealed unit thats why it hasnt been change. did you not catch that the spark plugs are original :lol:

Missed that. I'll bet that's killing fuel economy and power.

What kind of car does she have? Most newer GM cars have platinum 100k mile spark plugs.

Moreover, who gives a shit if she's sore on the topic of brakes? They're cut past the maximum limit, it's as simple as that. They need to be replaced unless she wants her poor precious little baby to end up with his car wrapped around a tree.

What kind of car does she have? Most newer GM cars have platinum 100k mile spark plugs.

Moreover, who gives a shit if she's sore on the topic of brakes? They're cut past the maximum limit, it's as simple as that. They need to be replaced unless she wants her poor precious little baby to end up with his car wrapped around a tree.

yeah but how am i supposed to get a shop to fix them that tells my they are fine even when i walk in with papers stating they arnt

yeah but how am i supposed to get a shop to fix them that tells my they are fine even when i walk in with papers stating they arnt

Demand to speak to the district manager or to get his contact information.

well you can change it but it has know dipstick to check it you have to get under the car to check it, and once a shop told my mom it was sealed and since it was it didnt need changed, or something like that. idk exactly what the deal with it was,but i probably need changed

well you can change it but it has know dipstick to check it you have to get under the car to check it, and once a shop told my mom it was sealed and since it was it didnt need changed, or something like that. idk exactly what the deal with it was,but i probably need changed

what the hell kind of vehicle is that?