Questions about Dash 'swap'...

RedGTP

humm nice job ! ;) lol

you need to change de airbox ?? or not ?

Merci! :mrgreen:

airbox = HVAC (heater and Air Conditioning) box.

no, because the controls for both my 94 and 95 were manual. The HVAC boxes were the same for them.

But... Are you going from the CS Automatic climate control to the GP manual climate control? If so, you need to change the resistor pack (it is on the bottom of the box near the firewall at the center of the car). OR... you could find a Automatic Climate control from a 1995-1997 CS... :biggrin:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedGTP

• Crazy K

• Venom

• Dirk_Diggler

Yes I have one Automatic climate from 95 CS find in local junkyard ! :P.. now .. just know if it's the same connector ...

it is not. to use the 95-97 unit, you need the correct connector.

There is also a difference in the HVAC box. The 95-97 has dual climate zones where the driver and passenger have separate controls. The temperature "blend" door has been divided in half with two actuators, one to control each side

Does it matter? I think that if you get the wiring, and omitted the the passenger control switch (located on the passenger door) you would have full control of the HVAC box if you control the single "blend door" actuator with the dual zone driver's side connector. I think StockGP did exactly that is his dash swap project.

• 2 weeks later...

Good weekend .. I continued, I go to rent a motorhitch worse I exit its hole .. voila ... pictures it's my girlfriend who took the pics;)

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

Real engine to pull Real engine ... lol

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

mon setup de clutch ...

Bad news when I remove my clutch .. gonna take me on my other shoe clutch .. she has been placed at wrong side through the garage when built up my transmission .. now it burned rivets Rail on my flywheel and pressure plate ... I was not too put too much smiling when I saw it ... clutch has a $ 300 burning Similarly .. is not cool: (

IMG_1540.jpg

HM-284

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

gaztink I will change too

IMG_1543.jpg

Bad news when I remove my clutch .. gonna take me on my other shoe clutch .. she has been placed at wrong side through the garage when built up my transmission .. now it burned rivets Rail on my flywheel and pressure plate ... I was not too put too much smiling when I saw it ... clutch has a $ 300 burning Similarly .. is not cool: (

IMG_1540.jpg

gaztink I will change too

I am sorry, I do not understand all of what you are saying:

did the clutch get put on backwards?

did it disintegrate or break apart?

are pieces missing from the clutch?

gaztink??? we <3 you, but I think you mean gastank.

yes sorry... Gastank.. :redface:

My clutch it's made with one side feramic and one side with kevlar, The engine still always runing (flywheel turn), well one side of my clutch resist more of the heat due to the flywheel spinning... other side it's for the pressure plate side... more less heat one the 'clutch pads'...

in the wrong side, it's the inverse result, like on my pics... you can see the 'ring' on my pressure plate, rivet fault ...

aww sorry for my bad english tonigt.. I'm very tired .. :S

• 1 month later...

welll ! after long time... lol

I continued my swap, the mechanical side almost everything is done, my manual is given on the motor in the hole, the A/C is full deleted, I put my 'by-pass' puley, relocated my coilpack etc. ..I went inside to do ... make any change in my wirring to put my GP and cluster my HUD DIC ... .. a lot of pleasur I think ! lol

I have unspotweld my GP brakets, and unbolt the handbrake pedal to put on my CS.. today I will check for the wirring... hummm lol

Yes it's here I find a pinout for HUD and DIC for my GP .. but not mentioned for a 94 CS .... and it's what I need :(

I found and added the info there... but here it is too:

C1 TAN/WHT brake

C2 WHT tach

C3 GRY backlighting

C4 PPL fuel

C5 DK GRN VSS/speedo

C6 --- not used

C7 --- not used

C8 --- not used

C9 --- not used

C10 BLK ground

C11 --- not used

C12 --- not used

C13 BRN Ignition feed to gages

C14 --- not used

C15 PNK switched ignition feed

C16 DK GRN coolant temp

1994 CS cluster

D1 BRN Check Gauges output to HUD

D2 BRN Airbag warning signal

D3 --- not used

D4 LT BLU left turn

D5 LT GRN high beam

D6 DK BLU right turn

D7 BLK ground

D8 YEL fasten seatbelt

D9 GRY security

D10 --- not used

D11 TAN oil pressure light

D12 --- not used

D13 LTGRN/BLK Antilock indicator

D14 YEL/BLK low coolant level indicator

D15 BRN to "check gauges" indicator (?)

D16 BRN/WHT malfunction indicator?(service Engine Soon indicator)

HOWEVER... You will find it much easier to just use the GP dash harness, as there are wiring differences between the two, but they should be also the same at the C100 (firewall) connector, except the GP has one more wire for second gear start.

thanks alot !

but to take a wirring from my GP .. it's too late :S I have cut the DIC and HUD wirring .. :S

can you put it back together? trust me, you would rather use the GP wiring, because there were many changes between the CS and GP.

I can 'tach' each wire... I will check tomorow .. but If you say it's the same ...

The C100, it'S the SAME pinout of a GP wirring with CS ?!

wahh .. lol a lot wirring .. I hate this !

well .. lol I check the pin out of GP cluster and CS cluster..... OMG ... Nightmare... some wirring was not here and ... some are not the same .. I will check tomorow to take a GP wirring ....

well .. lol I check the pin out of GP cluster and CS cluster..... OMG ... Nightmare... some wirring was not here and ... some are not the same .. I will check tomorow to take a GP wirring ....

what i was trying to say.

a 94 GP and a 94 CS c100 is almost the same. you will have to check it to be 100% sure. I think the only difference is the small blue wire (for second gear start) unless they made other parts different.

Please compare and note any differences!

question for you CrazyK,

when you say I take the wirring of my GP... it's only the C100 wirring package or ALLLL dash wirring ?

because I have a connector on passenger kick panel... and it'S on the same 'package', and other connections it's on my CS but not on my GP wirring.... :(

and .. where you take your pinout wirring ??

because I change my 94 autoclimage controle to a 95 autoclimate controle.. and I dont find the pinout for each year ... :S

question for you CrazyK,

when you say I take the wirring of my GP... it's only the C100 wirring package or ALLLL dash wirring ?

because I have a connector on passenger kick panel... and it'S on the same 'package', and other connections it's on my CS but not on my GP wirring.... :(

and .. where you take your pinout wirring ??

because I change my 94 autoclimage controle to a 95 autoclimate controle.. and I dont find the pinout for each year ... :S

use all GP dash wiring.

are you planning on using the complete gp dash with ALL the GP components (cluster, radio, climate control, switches?

you may have to use some of the inside body harness from the GP as well. (from the c200 connector)

I have started my CS today ! :D

With my Cutlass wirring ... I want to make sure it works

It have a rough idle.. maybe just a gaz pedal ajjustement... but run perfectly ... :P

Now I will change my wirring.. beurck :(