phantomgreen

Hello. I have a 93 3.4 olds vert with low miles but a couple of vert issues lately. 1 month ago the top wouldnt go up and after investigation I found a busted line that fluid was spraying out of. I fixed the line and filled the pump with fluid and it worked fine for a week or two. The last time I tried to put the top down I got nothin. The only noise it makes is a click when the switch is toggled from up to down and vice versa. The pump has hydraulic fluid and there is power to the pump. So I removed the hydraulic pump motor and dissassembled it. I not very familiar with hydraulic pumps so couldnt do much. Only notable find was that the pump motor shaft wouldnt even turn as if it were locked up (If they are even supposed to rotate I dont know). So if someone could tell me a repair or most likely I probly just need a new motor pump and where to get and how much that would be greatly appreciated. I normaly chill on 60degreev6 and just came across this site and saw the vert specific thread. Thanks a million.

CAM

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem on my new cutlass vert ... I hear the click off the relay .. but motor doesn't work ..

I remove it and I saw the magnet was unstick ! :rolleyes:, call GM and local junkyard.. no avealable ....

I bring my motor to a shop where they rebuilt a motor ... and .. no news since ... may-be soon ...

• 2 weeks later...