W-Body Wheels for my H-Body

95naSTA

I had no idea w-body stuff was that compatible, how much modification if any was needed to make it all work?

8'' W-body xlaces should go directly on a Bonne with NO problems. The Bonneville wheels will not go on a w-body without spacers though(for the front, they work in the rear just fine).

I had rubbing problems in the rear with 235's on them with stock suspension.

Thanks. And yeah purple. It's one of those love or hate things. I'm sick of seeing red, blue, etc.

I hear you on that one. I didn't want to do mine red, I wanted it silver...but red was all I found.

I had rubbing problems in the rear with 235's on them with stock suspension.

I only test fitted them with some typical 225/60/16 sized tires on them.

I hear you on that one.  I didn't want to do mine red, I wanted it silver...but red was all I found.

I like the center caps with some silver.

------

I used duplicolor hi temp engine enamel

Silvercal1.jpg

That looks good. I found silver in the rattle can, but didn't get it. I wanted it to be brush on.

Thanks, that's kind of a crappy pic though too (with my crappy tires), I should take it again during the daytime.

I actually just sprayed it onto a painting tray and then brushed it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It's definitely a love or hate thing.. The color looks waaay better in person though. It's more like an anodized purple but more shiny/glossy.

Thanks. And yeah purple. It's one of those love or hate things. I'm sick of seeing red, blue, etc.

I hear you on that one. I didn't want to do mine red, I wanted it silver...but red was all I found.

???You can use any high-temp paint and they come in most colors of the rainbow. Even the Duplicolor kits come in a few colors (yellow, I think blue, and of course red). I think it's funny that you guys see so many painted calipers that you are sick of red ones. Way up here in Vermont, in my little town of 5000 people, painted calipers are real unique. My red ones (I thought about yellow for about 30 seconds--my car's all about red) still seem fresh! :lol:

PS: sorry about the hijack.

I love those purple brakes and the purple shocks...I think I'm about to have another SSEi and I might get purple brakes for it when it would need them...