• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CSI_MuNkY

• krenzy

• AWeb80

• jeremy

The spoiler is made by A&A, and is made FOR the Grand Prix...

ok, MY opinion...

I agree, the sides look... out of place.

I'm thinking that if the sides were shortened up like Matt suggested, to look more like the brickyard spoiler.

CIMG3279-1.jpg

The green dot would be smoothed out to match the top of the center piece, the 2 black lines is where it would slope down...

Also wondering how or if the center piece could be modified to look right... Maybe if the corners were rounded or cut at a bit of an angle?

Jamie

Exactly what I was thinking. Cut most of it off and shave it to wrap around a very small bit.

X2. :cool:

There was a guy living in my apartment complex (haven't seen the car in a week or 2) that had the brickyard spoiler on his Monte. That is what made me want my own lip spoiler so bad... I WILL make this work! I'm thinking about doing some research and maybe risking modifying the end pieces myself. I just have to determine exactly what the material is and how you can cut and glue it back together... I'm just thinking of cutting sections out and then bending the remaining sections into place, then filling in the areas where necessary with pieces from the scrap. Worst case scenario I fuck it right up and have to live with just the trunk part... I could do that, so far I like it best with just the trunk part.

Jamie

just the lip...NOT the sides....

and a brickyard look might be cool

....at first I thought you got a flush mount....I was gonna be pissed.

x2! i like the lip, but no sides...i might have to pick one up from a lumina for the lip......very cool idea!

Every one seems to be voting just the lip or with the sides modified...

I think what I am going to do for now is paint the lip and track down a trunk lid with no holes in it. Then I will save the side parts for a rainy day when I can afford to have a body shop modify them to fit...

Now, how to paint it. The thing is quite flexible, I don;t want it cracking before I even get it installed...

Maybe I should just send it to Evilette! lol

Jamie

I test fit my new 3rd brake light last night. I got it of Matt (93luminaz34) and wired it in yesterday afternoon.

I have to make sure that you will be able to see it over the new spoiler, then I will carpet it and fasten it to the rear deck.

CIMG3288.jpg

CIMG3302.jpg

Jamie

Yeah, 16" LED.

Right now I just have the wire pulled through and spliced to the wire on the light, and the light is held in place with tape. Eventually I will run the wire properly, fasten down the light with some screws and carpet it so it looks like it belongs. I just haven't had time as of yet... maybe some time this week.

Jamie

Just curious, can someone post a pic of the GP flush mount spoiler? I hear about them all the time but don't think I've ever seen one.

gp2.jpg

gp3.jpg

TSTERims003.jpg

You know, if I'm not mistaken, there are two GP's around town with that spoiler. One white, one blue. The blue one I could maybe get a pic of, since it's always parked at this guys place. Not sure if it runs, I've never seen it driving.

I wish I knew some info about that spoiler....it is sooo hard to find and I have no idea what option you had to choose to get it.....

i've seen it obviously a white TSTE (above) a TGP that Patgizz has, a 94 SE i tried to buy in town.....and that red SE i posted above.....

It's definately nice. Seeing Jamie get started on his makes me want to pull mine out of the dust and start working on a CS style lip spoiler, only unique.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I missed a bunch of updates in my own thread!

Just curious what you paid for that Jamie. I have an A&A set also, identical to yours.

I got mine for $20 plus shipping. I wanted one of the other flush mounted one pictured, but I have never even seen one in person, and who knows when I will ever see one for sale. And chances are, being as sought after as they are, it would be out of my budget anyways. Not disappointed with the one I have though, I like the idea of a brickyard style spoiler.

I'm still in the process of finding a red trunk lid with no holes in it. I can't afford to find just any color and have it painted, so I have to hold out for a red one. Then I will worry about painting the spoiler, myself.

Jamie

• 1 month later...

By the way, I figured out the option package you needed for that spoiler...I'm going to have some of them for sale here in the next few weeks hopefully, too! They aren't easy to get that's for sure!