New spoiler, need opinions...

CSI_MuNkY

OK everyone, time for me to let the cat out of the bag! I got myself a Lip spoiler...

I'm going to keep my opinions on it quiet for now... I want to hear your opinions and suggestions. It IS going on the car, if you think I should have a body shop modify it, say so and how....

CIMG3285.jpg

CIMG3283.jpg

CIMG3282.jpg

CIMG3284.jpg

With the side pieces on

CIMG3279.jpg

CIMG3275.jpg

CIMG3276.jpg

Now what I will say is regardless, it has to have a body mans touch... here is why...

Passenger side,

CIMG3278.jpg

Drivers side

CIMG3277.jpg

Yeah it needs the gaps touched up if its going to stay this way...

While its at the body shop, I will also be having a few touch ups done on various body parts.

Jamie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CSI_MuNkY

• krenzy

• AWeb80

• jeremy

i don't mind the lip spoiler itself. but damn you have to toss those side pieces, looks too much like the euro spoiler IMO. and it does not match up with the car whatsoever.

The spoiler is made by A&A, and is made FOR the Grand Prix...

ok, MY opinion...

I agree, the sides look... out of place.

I'm thinking that if the sides were shortened up like Matt suggested, to look more like the brickyard spoiler.

CIMG3279-1.jpg

The green dot would be smoothed out to match the top of the center piece, the 2 black lines is where it would slope down...

Also wondering how or if the center piece could be modified to look right... Maybe if the corners were rounded or cut at a bit of an angle?

Jamie

your going to have a bird bath on the trunk :lol: Not liking the sides, seems taller than the euro spoiler maybe if they were shorter or trimmed off. What would a euro spoiler look like?

the center section looks good. I dont think the sides would look soo out of place maybe if they werent as tall, and didnt extend as far towards the front of the car

The lip itself will look pretty neat once its all painted and whatnot.

The sides... I like notsomuch. Maybe if they sloped gradually upward to meet the height of the one in the rear, that way you keep to the body lines of the GP.

1st and 1.5 gen GPs have very straight body lines... so its hard to get something that goes with the overall "flow" of the car.

The spoiler is made by A&A, and is made FOR the Grand Prix...

ok, MY opinion...

I agree, the sides look... out of place.

I'm thinking that if the sides were shortened up like Matt suggested, to look more like the brickyard spoiler.

CIMG3279-1.jpg

The green dot would be smoothed out to match the top of the center piece, the 2 black lines is where it would slope down...

Also wondering how or if the center piece could be modified to look right... Maybe if the corners were rounded or cut at a bit of an angle?

Jamie

Exactly what I was thinking.Cut most of it off and shave it to wrap around a very small bit.

If possible, tone down the height on the center piece and kill the sides almost entirely. I'm picturing more of a Cutlass lip-spoiler/taillight deal. Very suttle notch upwards, with the pieces on the 1/4 panels just following the line at the top of the trunk section. I can't remember what the brickyard spoiler looks like but I think it's similar to what I mean. Definitely not all the way back to the window though, or even the antenna.

This is the brickyard spoiler

MON-1_150.jpg

I personally like the height of the one I got, so I'm leaving that alone, not to mention its hollow, so its not like you could just trim it off the top... you would have to take it off the bottom, but not the whole bottom because it does wrap over the edge of the trunk lid. IMO too much of a pain in the ass to make it work by trimming the bottom.... and I like the height. It is no higher than the stock spoiler...

Jamie