Poly dogbones.....Ouch

jman093

There must definitely be something about them needing to settle into place becuase the vibaration is a lot better than it was this past weekend when I installed them. It is still vibrating, but not so bad that it's rattling my change.

As far as people putting in rubber bushings on one side, where do you even get new rubber bushings for the dogbones? That's what I would have done if I'd known they were made. The auto parts stores were just selling the whole dogbone, and for a lot more than the ES poly's cost me.

does anybody know who makes them for the 3.4

Nobody anymore. Your only options now are to get lucky and find someone selling an FFP poly dogbone in the classifieds, or get some solid bushings and stick them in your stock mount.

There must definitely be something about them needing to settle into place becuase the vibaration is a lot better than it was this past weekend when I installed them. It is still vibrating, but not so bad that it's rattling my change.

As far as people putting in rubber bushings on one side, where do you even get new rubber bushings for the dogbones? That's what I would have done if I'd known they were made. The auto parts stores were just selling the whole dogbone, and for a lot more than the ES poly's cost me.

That's what you do, you just buy the whole thing. on a 3.1L the rubber bushing is not a cylinder, but rather an hour glass shape because of how the inside of the dogbone is.

Is it the same on the LQ1 cars? I have heard you have to drill out the metal to get the ES bushings to fit. Not a problem for me, I'll just use my fathers drill press...

No one has answered my question yet :cry: do you have to order 2 of those ES bushings? or do they come in sets of 2?

Jamie

They come in sets of two, so just order 1 set if you want 2 bushings. I don't know if the DOHC has the same dogbones as a 3.1L, but on the 3.1L you do have to drill out the center.

They come in sets of two, so just order 1 set if you want 2 bushings. I don't know if the DOHC has the same dogbones as a 3.1L, but on the 3.1L you do have to drill out the center.

Guess theres only one way to find out... I guess I will get a spar from the wreckers in case I screw it up.

Thanks!

Jamie

I didn't drill mine out to put in the ES bushings. I was planning on drilling since that's what I'd read here, but the inside diameter of the dogbone was wider than the bushing. So I took a grinder and tapered the bushing to fit into the hourglass shape of the dogbone cylinder. It fit in real nice after that. I just didn't want the bushing to have any play inside the dogbone.

The ones I got were a very tight fit into the ends of the dogbones. Lemme see if I can find a P/N.

EDIT: On the first page of this link:

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/pont1.html

Under Fiero --> 4cyl Torque Strut Bushing.

That's what I have and like i said they fit pretty tightly into the dogbones after drilling out the center "V" portion.

jeez...i don't even remember.....does one set do one dogbone, or do you need 2 sets to do both sides of the dogbone?