1996 Cutlass problems

Addicted to eaton

I have a few problems and need some information (all wiring I think)

1. Ok the stock sunroof doesn’t seem wired right. To prongs stick into the fuse box (still works) Anyone got any Information on that? I thought it closed when you turned the car off. Am I wrong?

2. The turn signals don’t work. I do not think the fuse is out of it. Is there any fuse for the turn signals that is NOT in the fuse box by the drivers door?

3:Power locks Do not work doesn’t even seem like they try. But I seems like something in the dash tick’s

4. Does any one have a picture of the wire I need to ground to program my remote?

1. No, the sunroof does not close itself.

2. I'm very willing to bet your turn signal switch is bad.

3. not sure, actuators bad maybe?

4. It's right by he power antenna, can't miss it.

Ok. I didn't think it would close but a few people told me it would. Thanks. Would the turn signal switch really go bad if my wipers and stuff work? High and low beam work also.

added a question. Horn doesnt work ither. the dash is out of the car. maybe it is Un-Pluged?

4. Does it have a plastic end on it? if so Its not bery long.

My turn signal switch is going bad, once in awhile I will have no turn signals or brake lights...Since the wipers and all are on another circuit, they will continue to work.

The horn could be a fuse, I believe it's under the hood and also works the underhood light.

Yes, the RKE wire does have a connector at the end, use a jumper wire with an alligator clip grounded to a clean bolt at the antenna and listen for the locks to cycle.

Hey I went out to the car to play around with some stuff. And the Hazard button is broken. I might as well get a new one while I’m at it. Is there going to be any special tools to change these two things? If so what? Anyways I turned the hazards on with a ordinary writing pen. They came on (all 4) But on my dash showed I was turning left. I turned my turn signal on left and the dash light stayed the same But when I put it back in the middle. Then both the signal indicators flashed on the dash as normal. But when I pulled the signal switch up the right indicator light turned on. So there is some activity in the turn signal switch.

ill just buy one from u lol. I really love this car Power sun roof is deffently kick ass :) Better than a vert? haha nahh But what about the changing the 4 way switch and turn singal switch. How hard woud it be to change? any special tools?

As far as your door locks go, if you hear a clicking noise when pressing the button, there is a relay box under the carpet on the drivers side. You have to remove the plastice door sill and pull back the carpet where all the wiring is. There you should fine the relay box. It should have like 4-6wires coming out of it and you will be able to hear it click when you press the lock/unlock button. Mine was the same way when I bought it and I grabbed another one out of the junkyard and that fixed my problem.

did you check the two flashers for the blinkers yet? they are much cheaper/easier to fix the the TSS....and if you brake lights all still work I would be the flasher(s) are bad

Brake lights still work. What do you mean the flashers?

they are the round metal thing in the pic below...they are about $3-4 each and there are two of them..one controls the blinkers, the other controls the hazards.

flasher.jpg

although i wish the moonroof closed on its own i forget to shut the one on my caddy all the time, so i have to go back and shut it lol. one of these days i will forget. RKE probably doesnt work. start with the easy by changing the flashers around and then worst case a TSS. also is the car wired for a trailer. i have seen lots of problems with the trailer harness

I was ready to replace my turn signal switch but when I removed it the terminals were corroded so I took it apart, cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner, applied some dielectric grease and it's working fine. Sounds like you may have the same problem, but try the flashers first. On my 94 the turn signal flasher is clipped to the steering column under the dash, and the hazard is under the dash on the passenger side. Not sure about 96.