Might have a cool story for you all

Euro

Today my dad and I stopped at the dealer where my car's at awaiting a rebuilt motor, we wanted to see if we could see it in the shop. We came up empty, couldn't see a damn thing. However, peeking through one of the garage door windows I see this....

HPIM1049.jpg

Looks like it's been sitting there for a looooong time with all the dust and RR tire was pretty low, and obviously it was at one time on their lot for sale(this is a small Chevy/Pontiac/Cadillac dealer out at school). Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my rental car, and if I get a chance I'll find out why she's sitting here covered in dust!!! Or, at least I'll get you guys some details and a vin :thumbsup:

Oftentimes dealers will have cool cars packed away somewhere.

True. At the dealership behind my parents house they supposedly have an untitled 67 Corvette, and an untitled 78 Pace car vette

Not sure if I'm going to be able to see this today, it might have to be tomorrow. Unless I get a call in the next half hour from the dealer

excuse me...I dont mean to hijack this thread but....on the topic of the molding being discussed.

What are these three pieces of molding called? Mine is broken into two pieces on the driver side and I need to look for a replacement....I just dont know what to ask for.

Also...on the red car and possibly others with a black top....the balckout trim doesnt look too bad to me......

My car is white with a white top...if anybody knows a location on the trim or has some laying around.

Good luck. My passenger side trim was broken and it took me about 2 years until a member in florida found a junker with that piece. However, I know Ken is about ready to part with one, so if that happens and he's not keeping that piece I'll tell him to part with it for you :wink:

Well....if I ever get this car home to look at closely...I may be able to remove the trim piece and gorrilla glue it back together using a supplement brace underneath then fill the crack, sand and repaint.

Finding a cheap one wuld be easier laborwise ...but hard to find locally.

thanks for HIJACKING MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding. I haven't actually been back to the dealer since I took that picture. When I get my car back this week I'll ask about it.

Sooo carry on! :lol:

sorry man......

I am a new first-time owner and trying to save one.

I have a lot of questions and try to grab someones attention briefly when I can.

I might be getting this one home this week if all goes well and will try to post a story and pics too.

Oftentimes dealers will have cool cars packed away somewhere.

True. At the dealership behind my parents house they supposedly have an untitled 67 Corvette, and an untitled 78 Pace car vette

Not sure if I'm going to be able to see this today, it might have to be tomorrow. Unless I get a call in the next half hour from the dealer

werd, dealer i work at, owners son has a 87 iroc-z vert untitled with 1500 miles, as well as various others. 87 MC, impala, couple 60s camaros, 78 chevy pu, 70 chevy pu, 87 elcamino.