Suspension upgrade

hoodilio

I really want to complete my suspension component upgrade on my 1993 cutty coupe. Right now i have stock everything and a strut tower brace from a 1994 cutty convertable. I am thinking about going with the front Suspension Tech lowering springs up front and also some Monroe Sensa-Trac cartriges up front. And in the rear put some Monroe Reflex struts with the stock spring. Wat do you guys think, think it will ride good, and yes i know most of you recomend the GR2's.

If you lower the front, you'll want to lower the rear (depending on application).

Monroe's are good; keep away from the Gabrials.

What are wanting to do with upgrades handling capabilities? Autocross? Everyday drive? Hill climbs?

Those choices will effect part selections.

- Erik

I have,

KYB GR2 all around

Addco Sway bar on rear

Polybushing

I will have in the near future

ST Springs (Front)

F-Brace (GMPP Strut bar)

I want the upgraded handling for hard street driving, so i don't want it to be too rough of pot-holes, but at the same time i don't the rear to drop down soo much when i slam on the gas. Also my rear is already lower then the front by an inch because i have a system in the trunk, so i don't really want to lower the rear.

Just a fair warning.. Some of us who installed the ST lowering springs noticed a fair amount of 'bounce' in the front end afterward. My lumina was horrible at this, mainly because of the stock struts w/ 100K on them. I have talked to others who have replaced their struts with all new KYB's and they still report some bouncing in the front end with the ST springs.

Aside from that, their a good investment. Gives the car a good stance, or levels it out if your rear is sagging from a worn out mono-leaf.

I just made a front strut tower brace for the TGP yesterday, and am thinking of fabricating a rear one sometime in the near future as well. I've got KYB's in all 4 corners, Addco rear sway bar, and a front strut tower brace and the car handles like it's on rails (the fat 245/50 tires help as well).

umm ok I doubt you have the FE3.. you probably have the FE1 or the FE2.. HEY SHAWN LIN!! Help me out here a second.. you are the expert on the cutty!!!

Either way I think a FE3 34mm bar and mounts will help you alot.. You can even use the 97-98 Lumina Police Package (LPP)bar (same 34mm )

1993 Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe with the 3100 SFI V6.

Thats a tough one, cause 3100 cars should have the big bar up front. your 93 3100 is a rare one. Check your parts sticker in the trunk for FE something

1993 Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe with the 3100 SFI V6.

Thats a tough one, cause 3100 cars should have the big bar up front. your 93 3100 is a rare one. Check your parts sticker in the trunk for FE something

i believe i have the 34 mm on my 3100 GP. actually, i'm pretty etched in stone on that one.

umm ok I doubt you have the FE3.. you probably have the FE1 or the FE2.. HEY SHAWN LIN!! Help me out here a second.. you are the expert on the cutty!!!

Either way I think a FE3 34mm bar and mounts will help you alot.. You can even use the 97-98 Lumina Police Package (LPP)bar (same 34mm )

I think SL's have FE3, but it's hard to say.

The 34mm bar on 3.4 DOHC's (and all B4U GP's) and the police bar are one and the same.

A 3100 Cutty would NOT have a 34mm bar, FE3 or not. The 34mm bar only came on 3.4 DOHC cars and B4U GP's with any engine, but GP's are the exception.

• 3 months later...

Hey I've been reading this thread because I need new rear struts , my car has F41 suspension :shock:

See Here ----> http://community.webshots.com/photo/15976427/64715455LpEIZS

the car has 60706 as of today should I replace all four or just the Rears and what should I get to keeps the same Stiff ride and handling as now KYB 2's ? , the rear seems to be kinda bouncy. before it couldn't be pushed down now it can and then bounces a couple of times. I noticed when I had it inspected that when the guy drove it in the shop when he hit the gas the car squated quiet a bit too.. :?

Thanks for the help....

Mark

I got my KYB gr2s in the mail this week. Boots and mounts aswell.

They are going to be installed next saturday.

tirerack.com had cheeper prices then the local kyb dealer. about 15-20% cheeper.