BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

I have not been on the boards for a long time. I didnt want to read through 24 pages.

questions I have are:

1) You are making brackets for the Grand prix / Luminas with the "weird" suspension to fit what????

Are you fitting a monte carlos larger rotors with the 97-03 GP brake calipers?

2) Where do I sign up?

It's better than that, perhaps you should read the first few pages.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

its long, I should, SHOULD. If everything goes well be done with the brakes this week. I got screwed at a machine shop. I brought it to my old guy, he is a little more expensive but he will get it done right the first time.

Stay tuned.

its long, I should, SHOULD. If everything goes well be done with the brakes this week. I got screwed at a machine shop. I brought it to my old guy, he is a little more expensive but he will get it done right the first time.

Stay tuned.

Oh, im still tuned in!!!

Cool, I got screwed over at the last machines shop so hopefully friday I will have the mounts finished and friday have them welded up. I HOPE to have them on my car on friday or latest tuesday.

M

after reading 24 pages.

Man that is a nice kit. I am very interest in a upgrade although I am not interested in an upgrade to GXP calipers.

In the first couple pages it sounded like you might make a kit to use the stock 12 inch monte carlo brakes. If you did this I would be interested. The reason is the parts availabilty and cost.

Last thing, I have a 93 GP which I think has the stock 10.9 brakes. I assume that even if I wanted to go with this kit I would still have to purchase the 94-96 knuckle/strut deal right?

I am interested in some pictures of the final product and it assembled on the car. I have a 1991 regal with an L67 swap, 3.0" pulley, INTENSE S1X cam and need to actually stop at the track. The nearest track to me is Kil-Kare and there is a small river that runs perpendicular to the track at the very end. Just a bunch of tires at the end to pretend to stop a vehicle. lol I am getting the whole z34 strut assembly from Milzy tomorrow so I will have the slightly bigger brakes. Next step is 13" bad boys! :cool:

Got the brackets done. I will shoot some pics up in 5 min. I am having my calipers powdercaoted so those will be done on wednesday and then all that has to happen is the mounts be welded. Next friday they will be on the car.

M

When you have final setups done, you should start a new thread with all of the pictures of them, the pricing, and info like "will they fit stock rims", "what gm parts do I need", etc etc... so everyone doesn't have to read through 30+ pages :biggrin:

What kind of question was that? Seriously, this is for a big brake upgrade, you are getting more stopping power, but obvously adding more weight. The calipers are all aluminum, the only thing that weights more are the rotors, which in fact is not as heavy as the stock calipres and rotors.

M

It is good to know the weight of the new brake kit pieces vs stock. Can you weight the pieces when you get a chance vs the stock pieces?

You don't have to advertise it. I probably wouldn't either but if someone asked you can give them an answer.

My opinion doesn't matter, but i still want to know what it weights :redface:

What kind of question was that? Seriously, this is for a big brake upgrade, you are getting more stopping power, but obvously adding more weight. The calipers are all aluminum, the only thing that weights more are the rotors, which in fact is not as heavy as the stock calipres and rotors.

M

More stopping Power? I've always been able to lock up my wheels with my brakes on all season performance tires. I don't know how you'd get any more stopping power from brake modifications. I was just wondering since that bracket looked unnecessarily thick. You should weigh the knuckles with everything bolted on before and after.