BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

Cool.

See if you can find a way to measure brake temps.  Thats your selling point.

And i'd really like to see some impressions about braking through turns and other kinds of "spirited" driving that you might see on an autocross

Infrared thermometers are your friend's.

I bought a cheapy for $50 with a laser pointer. I use it as a cheap way to measure tire temps at autox's to get my pressures right (and to measure how cold it is outside in winter when I hjave to take out the trash or anything :D).

And MY suggestion is an EXTENDED series of 100+ (preferably 120+) mph stops. At LEAST 6 in a row back to back. You might very well see high temps (1000 degrees is quite possible), but if you suffer no/limited fade, then I think we can safely say these are better than stock in that departement, as the stock 10.5in fronts are only good for roughly TWO 120-0 stops in a row before they are crap........and are already starting to fade on the 2nd stop at that (from MY "testing", I can tell you that Performance Friction pads add about 1 more stop than the stockers).

BTW............I reference my Brake Fire video (again)...........

That's the result of roughly 8-10 110ish-0 mph stops one after another (not MAX braking, but FIRM pedal pressure).

Anyway:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

So guys, I was getting my car tuned this weekend by DP- digital Phenoix(sp) and we were on a road that was 45mph and I got on it and the car was riding. So then out of know where two idiots pulled out and were doing like 30 trying to be funny. I was doing about 80-85 mph. I hit the brakes and they fucking were awesome, I stoped so fast. If it was not for these I probably would have had to gone around them. Just a little update.

I am having the brackets welded for the other two guys. Sorry its taking me so long. I wanted to make sure these would work 100% and they do.

I got held up with the waterjetter. I have the pieces welded, just waiting for the bolts to come in then they are gone. Will send trak# as soon as I can. I promise this was worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brakes kit arrived yesterday. It looks great.

I don't think they will be on until around christmas time. Keep in mind I yanked the engine & transmission 13 months ago and I just started to put it back together last sunday. In several weeks when the engine/trans are installed and tuned then i'll be doing the brakes.

Thanks!

Brakes kit arrived yesterday. It looks great.

I don't think they will be on until around christmas time. Keep in mind I yanked the engine & transmission 13 months ago and I just started to put it back together last sunday. In several weeks when the engine/trans are installed and tuned then i'll be doing the brakes.

Thanks!

That sounds so familiar it's crazy... I got mine, but the car is in a storage unit awaiting a TON of work on my part. There's a new engine, new transmission, OBD2 swap, and a ton of other work to do. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to do some of that work around Christmas time.

Tim

Ahh, you assholes,lol. Sounds great. Let me know if you have any questions on how to install them or what not. There are alot of small things that need to be done.

Let me know when you get them installed. I would like to sell more of these kits, so I will probably start a GB soon.

I've really been considering trailering my Monte Carlo out to Chicago with me, but I would need to transport a storage unit full of stuff. I may bring out some bits and pieces and then go back later to get the rest. The amount of tools and parts I have for it is insane. I've actually considered building a Fiero with a 3.4 DOHC with the leftover parts from mine.

Tim

Thats funny Timg. Mine is getting an obd2 swap as well. I'm using a BT harness here for the obd 2 swap. The built 3400 and  built 4t60e transmission are ready to go in. The problem is my only time to work on the 95 is sundays after work with my brother.

Here is a link of my whole mod list for the 1995 GP

http://www.blackbombshell95.com/modifications.html

I cant believe i'm actually putting this car back together. Its been such a long time.

The first few weeks in November my 02 GTP is getting ZZP cnc heads, ported lim, Gen V, N* tb. I got a buddy doing this swap for me.

I need to finish all of this before my wife delivers in may :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

Now that I have the brakes done. I know there were about 10 people that wanted these. Are you people still interested? If not I am going to take the last set and put them on my brothers car and then thats it.