BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

Post some pics. Also I am going to bleed these this afternoon and then drive. They fit nice, I just need to clean up all the temporary things before I send them out to Tim and Corey

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

Humm, something intelligent you actually said this time,lol. Talk to me goose. Lowering the ball joint, would that do anything to the integrity of the ball joint its self. I have washers spacing the rotor out right this second.

With the rotor spaced 3/16 away from the hub they fit. Talk to me about this spacer for the ball joint before I have all these spacers made.

Right, since the things I said before were wrong and unintelligent.

No the strength of the balljoint would not be affected. Its just a spacer.

You said it was a problem caused by lowering, which is why I let the cat out of the bag on the balljoint spacers for lowered cars that im working on. Post up pics showing the control arm relative to the rotor lowered and not lowered and i'll tell you if the spacers will help

THEY WORK,

yes. I have them on the car and working. These fucking things are awesome. Needs a couple minor tweeks but nothing major. They are ridiculous compared to stock. One thing that I am noticing is the drivers side is smoking a very,very tiny bit. I am thinking its just residue on the rotor. I will keep an eye on it. If it does not go away in a couple miles I will look at it closer. I checked and the pads are not sticking, so. Now, who wants pics???

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

LOl, I know,I know. I have been at the shop till 3 am everynight the past couple days. I will shoot some more pics tomorrow. I have to get in the groove, taking pics is not my thing. But hell yeah they are awesome.

They are done, just waiting on funds for the acutally shocks. They cose $200 each corner. So that with the machining and welding and everything makes it expensive. But I need to get them in as all 4 of my KYB's are blown to shit. I got the spacers made for the brakes. I will post a pic. I am thinking of making a bolt/hardware kit for them.

M

:D.

Did the smoking reside?

You will have to email about which parts i'll need exactly. Like a 13" brake kit from wbodystore?

You are doing a great job btw.

Thanks man. I thought that this was easy work, yeah, no. Its hard as shit and stressfull. I hate being so late on something to ship but these I dont want to mess up. As far as the smoke, yes it stopped. I think it was just some gunk on the rotor. I will make a list as far as what needs to be purchased and what not to make these go on in a couple hours.

Thanks man. I thought that this was easy work, yeah, no. Its hard as shit and stressfull. I hate being so late on something to ship but these I dont want to mess up. As far as the smoke, yes it stopped. I think it was just some gunk on the rotor. I will make a list as far as what needs to be purchased and what not to make these go on in a couple hours.

I want to stress that what you are doing for our community is great. Thanks.

What does your schedule and plans look like now for the brake kit?

I hope to sell a few more kits so that I can make some money on them and make the back brakes as well. The rear GXP brakes are 12" so that would be a nice upgrade from the 10.1". If know one want to buy them then I will just do a kit for my brother and me. I am also doing the koni suspension and tubular from A-arms. Also, I am having my exhaust sent out to a mandrel bent company, so exhaust will be an option as well. Probably around $600 for SS mandrel bent 3".

I am on vacation right now. When i get back I will test the brakes for another couple days and then once I am done testing I will ship them out. I dont want to ship with problems.

Hey guys, I need BIGGER BRAKES, BADLY. I have stock 17's on my GP, as it's a GTX... so, would 13" rotors up front work on my car okay? Will the GXP set-up BOLT-UP on the front assembly of my car... ? (based on what I've been reading from you guys... the GXP set-up, up FRONT, will not work). Let me know though.

My buddy has a pair of MINT GXP knuckles, rotors, and calipers (whole setup) from a wrecked '07 GXP and I could grab them for only a few hundred bucks. Everything... will that work for the FRONT on my '00 GP though?

What's the best route... ?

Thanks everybody,

Mike

Hey guys, I need BIGGER BRAKES, BADLY. I have stock 17's on my GP, as it's a GTX... so, would 13" rotors up front work on my car okay? Will the GXP set-up BOLT-UP on the front assembly of my car... ? (based on what I've been reading from you guys... the GXP set-up, up FRONT, will not work). Let me know though.

My buddy has a pair of MINT GXP knuckles, rotors, and calipers (whole setup) from a wrecked '07 GXP and I could grab them for only a few hundred bucks. Everything... will that work for the FRONT on my '00 GP though?

What's the best route... ?

Thanks everybody,

Mike

I think your thinking about a completely different gen... this upgrade is for the 1st gens....

Jamie

I actually took a two week vacation. I am going to be back on town thurday. I am in New York right now, I am heading back to Florida tomorrow morning. There is a tropical storm I hear so I might be delayed. But when I get back I will ship both kits.

I actually took a two week vacation. I am going to be back on town thurday. I am in New York right now, I am heading back to Florida tomorrow morning. There is a tropical storm I hear so I might be delayed. But when I get back I will ship both kits.

After you do more testing :wink:

Good. I dropped my car off today to get some work done on it at the dealership but all is doing well. I am dropping the last knuckle off to be welded and then both kits will be shipped. I torqued the bolts to 80-90ft-lbs no loosing up. I did use a little locktite as well. there is no rubbing, no squeeling, nothing.

These bad boys works perfect.