• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

I am very busy right now with work and shit. Hopefully I can get these on mid next week. I had to help a friend do a head gasket and build a set of bi-xenon headlights for my dads expo. I should be testing these this coming week and TIMG and BLCKBMBSHL will being seeing there kits very very soon. I promise its not far off just bare with me.

What are you going to do to test them?

I'm really interested to see how they hold up. I'm still skeptical about that knuckle being able to hold, no matter how nice the weld is, the steel just isn't made to take stresses in that way, thats why the stock bracket was welded to the front and sandwiched between the hub and the knuckle. I'm not saying its going to be right off the bat, its something I see taking time... The best test I could see would be a bunch (not just 1 or 2) of 80-0 runs to get everything good and hot. If its going to warp at all its going to happen when its piping hot.

Jamie

I am very busy right now with work and shit. Hopefully I can get these on mid next week. I had to help a friend do a head gasket and build a set of bi-xenon headlights for my dads expo. I should be testing these this coming week and TIMG and BLCKBMBSHL will being seeing there kits very very soon. I promise its not far off just bare with me.

damn str8 :mrgreen:

I got the big wheels ready :willynilly: :burnout:

BTW............I have only scanned this thread from time to time.

BUT.........

To see some advantages that can come from increased fade resistance (and big rotors are only PART of that), see the braking article in the Aug 08 Car and Driver.

Sure, these big W-Car brakes might not help single-stop distances, but for repeated use (track, or a LONG road like the Tail of the Dragon or the Angeles Crest hwy), these may well be worth their weight in gold.

As long as brake bias doesn't get fucked up :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh......and to make sure ther is NO confusion.

I LIKE the idea of BIG W-Car brakes (they surely DO need it)..........but some "testing" WILL be in order :lol:

I guess sometimes I dont understand this forum. Pretty much 90% of the people on here argue that there are not enough aftermarket parts then you start bitching that you want somthing that will handle track use all day long. The purpose of a w-body is for a cruiser. They are wayyy to big to track race and way to big to drag race. I mean every once and a while its nice to go the track and see what it will run but these cars are not ment for that. They are big boats.

Still looking forward to the results... This will most likely happen once I start taking my car apart here now that I have motivation... lol.

I had the parts machined at the machine shop and forogt to tell hime to drill and tap. Then he got busy and I was put off. But I think they are done. So I can pick up the brackets today and tonight mount the brakes,yeaaaah. Look for pics tonight. or tomorrow.

ONe side one, working on the other. Only problem so far is the banjo bolt is a .18 to high for my wheels. I put the spacer I had on there and it fits. I will have to find some shorter banjo bolts. If you have 18" you have plenty room.

Well there wass a BIG problem, but I am working on fixing it today. What happened is the control arm when the car got lowered was hitting the brake rotor. So now I think longer studs and a spacer are needed.

I wonder if there might be a rotor available with the same diameter, but with a shorter hat...

I guess if you rims are tucked in more than say, cross laces, to begin with a spacer won't hurt anything...

Jamie

I can make you balljoint spacers that will lower the BJ end of the CA back to stock and restore the camber curves.

Oops i posted in yr thread. i forgot i didnt know what I'm talking about.

Humm, something intelligent you actually said this time,lol. Talk to me goose. Lowering the ball joint, would that do anything to the integrity of the ball joint its self. I have washers spacing the rotor out right this second.

With the rotor spaced 3/16 away from the hub they fit. Talk to me about this spacer for the ball joint before I have all these spacers made.