BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

The package includes-

$360- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to YOUR housing, machined brackets from GXP

$465- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to my housing, machined brackets from GXP

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

Well, as soon as your own brake set up is complete, I'll be interested in the $339 package deal.

Do you by chance have all the Gm part numbers for the front rotors, pads, and calipers?

Yes, I will be making these for as long as I can. Tim got one set and I have one set left. It will take me about 2-3 weeks before I can get another set made. So if you would like to grab them, now is the time to get on it. This is not my only job, I do work so I ask that everyone please be patient with me as I am only one person. After the fronts are finalized I will work on a set for the rear if there is an interest and then Konis will be after that. But if you would like a set, please let me know early, that the easiest.

Mark

Should be getting the parts back from the machine shop today. I am waiting on watter jetter and then it has to be welded. Not to much longer.

Sounds good. My dad just got in the calipers and brackets. I'm trying to verify that they're real GXP items. Once that's done, I'll have him send the brackets off to you. Thanks.

Tim

Not sure I am in New York right now, helping the rents move into a summer house. I will back in the shop on Thursday and I will go ahead and see what came in and what not. Hopefully I can pick up the machined parts and get everything done by firday.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a machine shop that will work with me. They are charging me $200 to do the first proto-type set. Once I get them back next friday, I will bring the knuclkes to the welder and have them welded on. After that, I hope everything fits and then they will be finished.

Mark

Replied. I am sorry for taking so long on this people, its has taken alot more work than I have expected. I have spent way over my budgeted amount, but hopefully I get some orders out of it.

Mark

The package includes-

$339- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to YOUR housing, machined brackets from GXP

$445- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to my housing, machined brackets from GXP

So $445. And if you provide the GXP brackets $100 new from the dealer. Plus $75 for ship correct? I just need a few days to clear my credit card to make room for this purchase on paypal.

Yep, I was told last week that the brackets were going to be done. I called today and they are not done. I am bringing them to my old machine shop he told me two weeks. If it was not for these damn machine shops I would have these done.

M

I've been trying to understand all the info here. 16" Stock 5-star will be a no go on these new brakes? Or will they fit? I'd love to get bigger brakes, but I also love my 5-stars

Sounds good. I better fucking get the brackets back from the machine shop this weekend. The welder is ready to go, just needs the go ahead and the brakes.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I sent you money for the ($445- New WaterJetted brackets made out of 4140 steel, welded to my housing, machined brackets from GXP) and $100 for the new GXP brackets plus shipping via paypal.

I noticed your paypal account has loads of feedback. Makes me feel safe :lol: :high5:

I have not been on the boards for a long time. I didnt want to read through 24 pages.

questions I have are:

1) You are making brackets for the Grand prix / Luminas with the "weird" suspension to fit what????

Are you fitting a monte carlos larger rotors with the 97-03 GP brake calipers?

2) Where do I sign up?