BIG BRAKES ARE DONE

dohc v6

Well I said dont quote me on the price just yet. Thats what I am thinking. If I can get a group of $20 then I will do it cheaper. Yeah I have a 3100 CAI. I only made one, its your if you want it. I wont be making any others. I sell ZX2 intakes out the ass.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• blackbombshell95

• BXX

• CSI_MuNkY

Well I said dont quote me on the price just yet. Thats what I am thinking. If I can get a group of $20 then I will do it cheaper. Yeah I have a 3100 CAI. I only made one, its your if you want it. I wont be making any others. I sell ZX2 intakes out the ass.

Is it possible just to see instead of the full kits, but just the modified strut/knuckle assemblies.. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it is much easier to buy one thing at a time

Oh, and I will let you know about the intake... How much did you want for it again???

Just another update. I got the brackts made out of plastic to mock them up and see how they would fit on the knuckle, everything looks good. I am not using plastic for the brackets, dont ask me why I am using plastic instead of metal. I have a laser engraving business, and we have a cutting laser, so I made a piece of plastic just for testing purposes. It fits perfect, so friday I will bring the knuckle over to the machine shop and discuss the final touches, like drill and tapping the mounts, making the brackets, welding them and so on. I hope to have this over to him by friday so that I can hopefully have it back by mid next week, and then I will go ahead and take my car apart for testing.

UPDATE:

Brought the brackets over to the machine shop. I have to make him a drawing and he is going to have it laser cut, then he will machine it out. Once I get this drawing over to him it should not be to much longer, stay in there guys.

I also have a measurement for you, you have to ATLEAST have 9.2" between the wheel and the hub. If you are looking at the wheel, the inner part of it to the furthest part on hub.

OMFG!!! Sweet!!! Cant wait for the finished product..

Any idea what the price will run for the modified strut/knuckle assemblies???

BTW kuntzie, they are 13"

Price, I have no idea yet. I am not using the plastic for the brackets, its all for mock up. THey will be for sale soon. I am thinking the price now, for a one off set, no group buy, $350 with the cores back, 500 without the cores. Thats just for the knuckles, nothing else. If there is a group buy, probably more like $275 or lower, not exactly sure yet.

UPDATE:

Brought the brackets over to the machine shop. I have to make him a drawing and he is going to have it laser cut, then he will machine it out. Once I get this drawing over to him it should not be to much longer, stay in there guys.

If you want I can cad you up some mechanical drawings.

I know its been awhile. But I went to the machine shop on friday and talked to the guy. he told me that the laser machinest nearly cut his leg off, so it was going to be a while. He did say that another person, I think the owner was gettting backin to town on friday so he would have a quote for me on monday. So once I get the quote, if its not to much then I will have them made, welded on and put them on my car to test. So No more than 2 weeks for a finished product. Is there still interest in this or did everyone give up?

I know its been awhile. But I went to the machine shop on friday and talked to the guy. he told me that the laser machinest nearly cut his leg off, so it was going to be a while. He did say that another person, I think the owner was gettting backin to town on friday so he would have a quote for me on monday. So once I get the quote, if its not to much then I will have them made, welded on and put them on my car to test. So No more than 2 weeks for a finished product. Is there still interest in this or did everyone give up?

Im still interested as of now...