Air Vents arent changing. Got pics

Q-Ball

Ok, at first I just thought my climate controls were shot. So yesterday I had one from the wreckers and put it in and nothing changes. I cant get the direction of air to move on my car. It's like stuck on Defog. Comes out the top on the dash and the bottom of the floor only. The fans still changes speed, but doesnt sound too healthy. It still moves air good, just kinda sounds like a jet. Basically, its not opening and closing anything inside. Any idea's? My dash is coming apart apart as I have most it off due to putting in the dic.

I also have a spare climate controls for the 88-93 GP's is anyone wants it. Just pm me.

Check to see if your vacuum ball is there. Then check to see your cruise control is still working... if the ball is there and the cruise works then it's not a vacuum issue.

99% of the time it's a crack in the line.

Have fun fishing. =(

When you do find this check valve let me know where the hell its at like get a picture of the little bastard for me. Mine goes to the floor when going up a hill it was suggested a vacuum as well but Ive also heard of this check valve.

I had to replace the vacuum control module in my 88. Little bastard is up under the dash on the passenger side. If I remember correctly, I had more air on the windshield then i did on the floor. That operation is normal for defog. As previously mentioned, that operation is default when the control has no vacuum. Initially, I thought vacuum problem. But if I put the air to the upper vents, it worked fine. At that point I was pretty sure it was the vacuum control module. Until the replacement came, I started switching vacuum lines around to get the air to go where I wanted it. That's a pain in the ass when you want to change it and you're driving :biggrin:

I had to replace the vacuum control module in my 88. Little bastard is up under the dash on the passenger side. If I remember correctly, I had more air on the windshield then i did on the floor. That operation is normal for defog. As previously mentioned, that operation is default when the control has no vacuum. Initially, I thought vacuum problem. But if I put the air to the upper vents, it worked fine. At that point I was pretty sure it was the vacuum control module. Until the replacement came, I started switching vacuum lines around to get the air to go where I wanted it. That's a pain in the ass when you want to change it and you're driving :biggrin:

YIKES thats as bad as Texting while driving LOL!

Yeah. I guarantee it'll be the check valve.

Actually... I never had the check valve go bad on me. My vac lines just seemed so taught on my engine that they would always just pop out of the fittings.

Check to see if your vacuum ball is there. Then check to see your cruise control is still working... if the ball is there and the cruise works then it's not a vacuum issue.

Have fun fishing. =(

Oh its where my cruise control is. It looks like its exploded... :confused: I still do have my vacuum ball. So I'm guessing this is my problem...

Have fun fishing. =(

Oh its where my cruise control is. It looks like its exploded... :confused: I still do have my vacuum ball. So I'm guessing this is my problem...

Q- GET PICTURES!!! :)

Heres some pics of busted junk. You can see the 3 way vacuum busted. And some sort of other thing thats busted. I posted about that a while back, but if anyone has any idea's what that is in the last pic, speak up.

HPIM1946.jpg

HPIM1947.jpg

HPIM1948.jpg

HPIM1949.jpg

HPIM1950.jpg

you can do a temp fix by going to you local autozone, and going into the help section, Find some T's and pass thru lines and CAREFULLY AS FUCK take apart the old valve. and replace with the new T's and pass thrus as needed. I do beleive, but dont know for sure, that AZ also carries that check valve in there help section. If not, NAPA, carquest, or the dealer is where you are bound to find the new check valve. You probly lost cruise control to, so dont use it LOL. I went to a junkyard and got a whole new line from where it comes out the back of the plenum (another check valve there) all the way to the vacume tank. That way if something broke, I had spares..

you can do a temp fix by going to you local autozone, and going into the help section, Find some T's and pass thru lines and CAREFULLY AS FUCK take apart the old valve. and replace with the new T's and pass thrus as needed. I do beleive, but dont know for sure, that AZ also carries that check valve in there help section. If not, NAPA, carquest, or the dealer is where you are bound to find the new check valve. You probly lost cruise control to, so dont use it LOL. I went to a junkyard and got a whole new line from where it comes out the back of the plenum (another check valve there) all the way to the vacume tank. That way if something broke, I had spares..

Ya, my cruise is gone. But I think I broke my switch cause my headlights or highbeams dont go off. I got pretty frusterated the other day. :redface:

I'd be more worried about what the other busted thing is... :lol:

I have no idea what it is. :cry:

Dont see any other busted thing. Its just a 3 way check valve that bit the dust..

I added a few pics to show ya. Red is the vacuum line and green is... Well I dont actually know, but she broke off somewhere. :willynilly:

CopyofHPIM1946.jpg

CopyofHPIM1947.jpg

CopyofHPIM1948.jpg

CopyofHPIM1949.jpg

CopyofHPIM1950.jpg