Wheel well Outside Panel

NVMY03GT

1995 GP. My the outside of my quarter panels like the pieces the clip on to the body of the car. My Rear panel is completely seperated and I think its being held on by pure luck on this one. My Front Drivers side one has started to come off as well. now my question for you guys is Ive heard two different ways to do this. Either buy the clips from the dealer at 2.76 a piece and you can only buy them in packs of 5.

The other way is to get a pack of screws and bolts But then you have the issue of rust forming.

One of the clips on my fender has part of it missing so I don't even know how Im going to get around that as Im sure that little plastic piece is ridiculius expensive.

Anyhow your thoughts?

Personally, Id buy the clips. I dont like doing things half-assed or "ghetto rig things" If Im going to do a job, Im going to do it right. Some people will disagree because they wont pay that much for things, but o well. Id go with the clips. They are plastic and they wont rust so you wont have to worry about fixing it again later on down the road

Ordered - Damn Pontiac. It works out to be the same price considering you pay for shipping on GMparts.com.

Here I thought I was saving something by ordering but your not so I just went through the dealership and they can get them here tomorrow.

One Question how many holes are on the fender well?

What side are you talking about? I'm not sure if the front and back have the same amount of holes. But they are like 5 inches apart or so. I can think of 5? Pull the panel off and find out ;)

What side are you talking about? I'm not sure if the front and back have the same amount of holes. But they are like 5 inches apart or so. I can think of 5? Pull the panel off and find out ;)

Each Quarter panel has that rounded Lip on it just above the wheel well but sits outside the quarter panel.

Id pull it off but right now its hanging on by sheer luck. If I move it the whole thing comes off. So basically these pins will be a life saver and a half.

Alright got the pins today - and go figure Pontiac shorted me 1. There are 6 of these puppies that hold this panel on and they give you 5. Whatever. I made do with what I had I took off the 5 WORST and left the one. Its a LOT better than what it was.

Now I still have two to repair but fortunately those are still intact it just needs one or two pins to hold it back on.

Here are pics. BTW don't ding me on the scratches. I need a good rubbing compound to get them out, and the cross laces well thats a whole other story :)

Without further ado ... Pictures:

One of them is fixed:

sideshot1.jpg

What needs fixed:

sidefix.jpg

sidefix2.jpg