Energy Suspension 34mm Poly Bushing Install. FE3

AWeb80

THESE P #'S ARE FOR FE3 ONLY

BUT THE INSTALL WILL BE THE SAME FOR OTHERS AS WELL.

they are Energy suspension P#'s

Front inner: 9.5173

Front outer: 9.5159

The bar is 34mm and the bushing is 35mm on the inners and the bar is 22mm and the bushigns are 23mm on the outers...I got the 1mm bigger ones because they are the only size close enough that were greasabel.....on the test ride, there were no problems and uppon installation, everything looked fine.

I'm very impressed w/ the quality of the bushings and the mounts. Well worth the ~$32 total that it cost...free shipping from

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

I had an extra bar so i got it powdercoated grey....I now have my stock 34mm bar FOR SALE if anyone wants it. PM me.

and yes, you HAVE to lower the rear subframe to get the bar out....not that hard to do...just takes an extra jack to hold the subframe from falling to the ground.

I noticed an imediate difference in steering response and the car wanting to turn in to a turn and not body roll...well worth the investment.

101_1328.jpg

101_1327.jpg

101_1326.jpg

101_1325.jpg

101_1324.jpg

So what is all involved in installing this?

This took me about 2 hrs...from pulling the car in to pulling it back out...I took my time...

for a non 34mm bar car...which yours is

jack up th front end, take both wheels off.....then loosen all the mounts..inner and outter

put a jack under the rear subframe, take out both subframe bolts 18mm wrench needed.

use the jack to lower the subrame....take your bar out, put 34mm in, (notice: the 34mm bar has the ends of the bar turned down slightly....put the ends that are turned town facing the ground)

pre lube the poly mounts, put them on the bar, put U-clamps on and tighten all bolts, tighten subframe back up..and have fun.

Hmm..want to sell your old bar to me for cheap?

yeah...i picked up the one that i got PC'd for $20 at a JY...you want me to PC your bar?

i can do $40 shipped to you if you want it pc'd.

Matt I thought you already had the 34mm bar? Not to mention Adam's stock bar might be smaller.

its not...it is 34mm....i measured it.

So you replaced it with a powdercoated one thats it?

i got another 34mm bar because i wanted to PC it...i then swapped 34mm bars....and put the ES bushings in.

all B4U GP's got 34mm front bars...

• 8 months later...

I need to get these poly bushings for me. Adam, where did you get your front sway bar?

It was an extra one i got cheap from a yard

I still have an extra one....you want it?